An opportunity is available for a suitable qualified and experienced Residential Security Technician for United States Embassy, Lilongwe in Malawi. The Residential Security Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of all residential alarms. Conducts regularly scheduled residential security surveys and identifies necessary improvements and changes to property infrastructre. Develops scopes of work and coordinates with other offices within the embassy to efficiently improve walls, lights, external security features, and internal security features.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, maintain, and repair all residential alarms and provide alarm briefings to all new occupants. Will coordinate directly with customers and will always represent the Regional Security Office in a professional manner.
- Be on call 24/7 and prepared to respond to a residential emergency if necessary.
- Conduct residential security surveys in accordance with DS standards.
- Provide recommendations to the RSO regarding risk mitigation at Mission residences.
- Develop scopes of work for residential security projects, provide supervision of contractors as necessary, and certify properties as mission capable upon completion
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
a. Education: Completion of secondary school. Completion of vocational school or apprenticeship program, recognized as producing journyman-skilled electricians or a related field is required.
b. Prior Work Experience: Two (2) years experience doing project management work.
c. Language Proficiency: English Level II.
d. Job Knowledge: Demonstrable proficiency in basic electronics and residential alarm system trouble shooting.
Ability to conduct residential security surveys and recommend upgrades in accordance with 12 FAM and 12 FAH.
e. Skills and Abilities: Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance. Must be able to communicate and interact directly with embassy residents in trouble shooting and resolving issues that arise. Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and digital cameras.
Closing Date: 14 June 2017
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe