|VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.|
|To manage the strategic development, implementation and successful delivery of the Unlocking Talent Project, supporting all of VSO’s work in Malawi in order to contribute to the strategic plan and optimize the contribution towards reducing poverty.|
Skills, qualifications and experience required
|Educated to degree level, minimum 3 years experience in a similar post, significant experience in management of complex projects|
|Salary is negotiable and successful applicant will be required to start as soon as possible|
How to apply
|If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and upload a your most recent cv + a separate file with your answers to the questions below.
Application closing date is September 11
1. Why did you apply for this job?
2. Explain what responsibilities you have in your current/most recent job?
3. How many years of Project Management experience do you have?
4. What was the biggest project you managed so far?
5. With which donors have you worked before? What is the biggest challenge you have met whilst working with donors?
6. How big was the last budget you had to manage? Explain what your latest responsibilities were concerning financial management.
7. What professional achievement are you most proud of and why?
8. What planning and M&E tools and processes did you put into place in your last project? How efficient were these tools?
9. Tell us about your experience in people management: what stakeholders did you manage in your last working experience? How big was your last team?
10. How would you describe yourself as a people manager? What is the most difficult situation you had to manage?
11. What experience do you have with media engagement and publicity? Tell us a success story
12. Explain us by using a concrete example how you usually develop stakeholder and partnership relationships?
13.Tell us about the most complicated report you had to make in your career so far. Why was it complicated?
Application closing date
|11 Sep 2016|
|To be advised|
|To be advised|
|Click here to download the job description in PDF format|