The Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA), an organization entrusted with the assessment, collection, and accounting for specified revenues for the Malawi Government is inviting applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill a vacant position of Trainee Cargo Scanner Technician in the Administration Division.
Job Title: Cargo Scanner Technician (Trainee)
Location: Head Office (Msonkho House)
Reporting to: Fleet Services Manager
- Providing corrective maintenance of mobile and fixed cargo scanners
- Providing on-time diagnosis of defective machine /tools.
- Providing details involving initial cause of trouble and possible counter measure to be implemented in order to reduce or eliminate re-occurrence.
- Utilizing all resources and monitors line condition in order to have smooth
flow of production and achieve daily targets.
- On time replacement of certain important components such as the linear accelerator and detectors in the due course of the lifetime of the system
- Ensuring proper handling and disposal of materials and parts being replaced.
- Controlling usage and transfer of spare parts and generating corrective measures on defective ones.
- Maintaining repair records or history of equipment(s) /tools and checking sheets for easy retrieval for future repair reference
- Maintaining a master list for all jigs and fixtures for control purposes.
- Complying with requirements of the Road Traffic Directorate of Malawi in case of mobile scanners
- Complying with certification and licensing requirements on the usage of Scanners by Department of Environmental Affairs.
- Monitoring and ensuring Officers comply with national digital tachograph road safety requirements and ionizing radiation systems to meet national safety standards/regulations for radiation equipment e.g. shielding, exclusion zone, personnel safety programme including maximum radiation exposure limits (in consultation with national regulatory bodies in Malawi).
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or ICT Engineering or its equivalent
- Ability to maintain electrical installations or mechanical engineering equipment
Applicants should have experience in:
- Working in hostile and austere environment
- Installation and maintenance of Rapiscan equipment
- Asset management, stock planning and control
- Experience in heavy duty Cargo scanning
Applicants must have knowledge of:
- Rapiscan systems and applications
- Fault finding, rectification and maintenance of Rapiscan Mobile systems
Interested candidates should submit their application letters updated curriculum vitae together with copies of certificates and three traceable referees to:
The Commissioner General,
Malawi Revenue Authority,
Private Bag 247,
Note: Successful candidates will undergo an extensive background check before being appointed and will only be appointed if the vetting shall be favourable. Closing date for receiving applications is 14th May, 2017.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe