POSITION: Technical Director – Integration
LOCATION: Lilongwe, Malawi
The Malawi Local Government Accountability and Performance (LGAP) project will improve the performance of local government in Malawi by improving capacity and accountability of local governments in the districts where it will work, strengthening citizen engagement and oversight, and improving the broader national policy and systems environment for decentralization. While doing so, LGAP will directly assist USAID Malawi to operationalize its integration approach.
The Technical Director for Integration will support the COP, USAID and USAID-funded projects to operationalize integration and instill shared responsibilities for collaboration including integration forums among projects, identifying milestones for projects’ activities and capturing planning and budgeting schedules by districts and central government sector and administrative entities. The Technical Director for Integration will work to position LGAP as a district–level integration hub for USAID activity in Malawi. They will work closely with the Technical Director for Public Financial Management and Accountability to incorporate integration and program learning into work planning and activity design. They will also oversee the ME&L Director and contribute to the baseline assessment of Malawian local government.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
· Facilitate joint work planning, evaluation of results, and leveraging of resources to accelerate development impact across USAID implementers in Malawi.
· Lead the establishment of an online integration platform to serve as a virtual learning lab for sharing evidence, best practice, work plans, M&E data, and other key information across projects.
· Support and promote ownership of quarterly integration meetings with projects and partners.
· Mentor district-based field staff to directly plan and implement LGAP activities that facilitate integration and are tailored to the needs of each district.
· Directly supervise the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Director and provide oversight for the Integration Team, including ME&L Director, ME&L Officer, and Communications and Outreach Specialist.
· Work closely with ME&L Director to establish quality control standards and conduct annual data reviews to ensure that those standards are met.
The Technical Director for Integration should possess the following qualifications:
· A master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience, or a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
· Documented experience in program management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and local capacity building.
· Strong, demonstrated communication and partnership abilities are essential.
· DAI experience strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with developing online information sharing platforms preferred.