The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency invites applicants who are citizens of African Union Member States for the post of Senior Programme Officer, Public Health.
Under the supervision of the Head of Health Programme (HHP), the Senior Programme Officer, Public Health will coordinate and facilitate development and implementation of policies on health and medical products and ensure their alignment with industrial development; trade; science, technology and innovation polices in advancement of the African Health Strategy and the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Plan for Africa (PMPA).
Required Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated experience in policy oversight including development and coordination of implementation of public health programmes.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking research analysis with regional and continental bodies such regional economic communities and the African Union.
- Expertise in designing and executing public health advocacy at national and regional levels.
- Ability to convene and facilitate high level regional and national policy consultations and dialogue processes.
- Maintain confidentiality at the highest level at all times.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, be proactive, take initiative and with sound judgment.
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm, commitment and energetic.
- Ability to leverage limited resources and staff for maximum impact.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good organization, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
Education and Experience:
The Senior Programme Officer, Public Health must hold a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health and a relevant Bachelor’s degree in medicine. In addition, the candidate must possess seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of public health policy development and implementation in the public sector, multilateral institutions, and international non-governmental or similar organizations nationally.
.Application: To apply, please submit the following:
- A motivation letter stating reasons for seeking employment with the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency.
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae (CV), not exceeding five (5) pages and indicating your nationality, age and gender.
- Three (3) referees with good knowledge of the candidate’s work, furnishing full contact details, telephone, fax and e-mail addresses.
- Certified copies of degrees and diplomas.
Remuneration: Indicative basic salary of US 39,603,00 per annum plus other
Entitlements e.g. Post Adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance
($ 21, 196.80 per annum), gratuity (15% of gross salary) in conformity with the rules and procedures applicable to internationally recruited staff of the African Union.
Applications must be received not later than Monday, April 24 2017 and should be addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
P O Box 1234
Please note, should you not hear from us within six (6) weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe