DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Ayala Consulting is looking for professionals in financing and accounting matters, with experience on social development projects management. Ayala Consulting develops programs with high level international organizations and national governments.
- Guiding the accounting of donor funds to comply with financial management requirements of the Programme implemented in 14 districts.
- Ensuring that the established protocols (in the financial management manual) be met.
- Reviewing existing work procedures and improving them upon approval.
- Coordinating the daily co-management of Programme funds including review of budgets and preparation of financial reports.
- Overall management of the Serenic Navigator Integrated Financial Management Software.
- Provision of training for selected peer Accountants on the use of the Serenic Navigator Software.
- Transferring skills to the selected Accountants for them to train financial officials in the participating districts to comply with Programme financial regulations and procedures.
- Planning and guiding financial verification and reviewing the financial verification reports of all districts.
- Preparing and reviewing donor reports and responding to queries regarding the submitted reports.
- Preparing responses to audit queries.
- Assisting in conducting recruitment of financial staff including development of tests for applicants.
Leadership: Has the ability to engage in leadership and coordination.
Problem solving: Provides solutions to problems.
Research: Researches, analyzes and seeks information to respond better to his/her work and projects.
Relationships: Has good interpersonal relationships with peers, supervisors, employees, colleagues in mission, etc.
Adaptability: Easily adapts to the work routine. Has the adaptability to live and interact with project staff in mission countries. Has the capacity and ability to live and/or work in environments where projects are developed.
Professionalism: Has the knowledge and understanding of project execution and project monitoring systems. Also has the ability to think critically, work under pressure, meet commitments, and show persistence in facing challenges.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others and shows real commitment to maintaining open communication with the client and other team members.
Teamwork: Committed to working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve project tasks for the team. Willing to learn from others and open to giving and receiving feedback.
Focus on the Client: Seeks to understand problems from the clients’ point of view, identifies clients’ needs and finds appropriate solutions.
Flexibility/adaptability: This requires the candidate to have the sufficient capacity to adapt to the company’s work methodology as well as to different work environments (office and field) that the candidate might have later during a mission.
Proactivity: It requires the capacity to take initiative in the development of technical and creative actions which improves results.
Experience: 5 or more years of experience in financing and accounting matters, with experience on social development projects management, with high level international organizations and national governments.
Education: Degree in Finance, possess an Accountancy qualification (CPA, ACCA) or other similar academic qualification. Master’s degree preferred.
Languages: Perfect fluency in English required (oral and written).
Flexibility for travel locally required.
This is a full-time employment contract for the Malawi Project, initially for two years and can be extended subject to performance/accomplishments.
WHO WE ARE
Ayala Consulting specializes in the design and implementation of Social Protection programs including Conditional/Unconditional Cash and In-kind Transfer programs, Cash for Work programs, and National Registries. Our principal clients include the World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, UNICEF, Department for International Development, and various national governments worldwide. We are committed to fostering a culturally diverse work environment and providing opportunities for dedicated individuals to grow with the company.
Our Company is characterized by its work for the client with a fully-trained work team to provide fast and appropriate operational solutions applying the Company’s own values and concepts at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please send your CV, scanned copies of academic degree(s) and three referees to email@example.com with SUBJECT heading: Senior Financial and Accountant – Malawi.**
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to personally reply to everyone. We will contact you if you are selected for an interview.