Reporting to the Managing Director Malawi, the Sales Officer shall be responsible for leading the sales engagement, growing overall software license and service revenue, and achieving net new names goals by focusing on sales within an assigned territory and must control the sales cycles resulting in customer signature. The Sales Officer shall be responsible for identifying and qualifying opportunities within the assigned territory in order to maintain a healthy opportunity pipeline.
- Managing the sales process through Identifying and generating specific opportunities and driving those through the sales cycle, involving other resources on an as-needed basis (presales, consulting, management, etc.) and closing deals in the shortest time and at the lowest cost possible.
- Proactively engaging with all accounts to generate opportunities, maintain and drive a healthy opportunity pipeline in the territory, leveraging all available resources, and create opportunity management plans for top deals in the pipeline.
- Achieving all revenue targets & objectives in line with the Area Business Plan.
- Working closely with the marketing team to produce any sales collateral required for the targeted market
- Working closely with the Pre-Sales team in coming up with presentations and demos and identify demo requirements.
- Bids Management- Working closely with the Bidding Team in coming up with bids, establish systems that create overall efficiency in the bid process, coordinate with relevant resources to ensure delivery of high quality bid documents.
- • Territory and account planning: Establish account plans for top accounts in the territory to proactively identify sales opportunities according to revenue targets. Monitor, consolidate, and regularly update the account plans and report business trends and area performance to the Managing Director Malawi.
- Developing & maintaining successful business relationships with all prospects.
- Developing a full understanding of the business market place.
- Conducting customer discovery session to understand the customer business requirement, pain points, critical business outcome, obstacles to realization, and decision criteria
- Qualifying opportunities by assessing technical feasibility, timeline, budget, constraints, organization readiness, authority, and competitive situation
- Building relationships and credibility with customer stakeholders, and manage their expectations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
1. Product Knowledge
- Explain SAP products i.e SAP Business One.
2. Industry Knowledge
- Understand industry pain points and trends
- Explain SAP SME offerings, SAP Best Practices for target segment and solution differentiators.
3. Key Skills and competences
- Develop business and generate demand
- Complete product section of Request for Proposals (RFP)/Tenders
- Follow the SAP standard sales methodology
- Use value-based selling principles
- Follow the SAP and Partner Go-to-Market Strategy
- Identify financial value
- Understand pricing
- Understand the collaboration between SAP and partner throughout the sales cycle
- Can create and deliver convincing arguments to an executive audience
- Ability to manage multiple commercial processes.
- Ability to evaluate tasks and suggest improvements.
- Ability to prioritise workload; work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to present, discuss and propose at a senior level
- Solid understanding of business concepts & dynamics for large national and international corporations.
- Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Soft Skills
- Position and articulate value at various levels from CxO to end user
- Understand customer needs
- Objection handling and negotiation
- Business ethics & etiquette.
- Quantity of opportunities resulting from demand-generation activities
- Quality of sales support deliverables, including RFIs, RFPs and surveys
- Quality of product demonstrations
- Effective and timely follow-up with customers, prospects and partners
- Amount of business closed
- Ratio of wins to losses.
Required Qualifications and experience
- A bachelors degree in business administration / information technology.
- 3 years experience selling software solutions and knowledge of SAP sales will be added advantage
- Experience demonstrating and presenting business solutions to customers and prospects
- Experience in a team selling environment
- Ability to articulate value propositions along with ROI at CxO level.
If you believe you are the right candidate and can demonstrate ability to meet the above criteria, submit your application with a detailed CV and three traceable referees to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th November, 2016