PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Response Manager over role leadership in managing the entire SAENER (Southern Africa El Nino Emergency Response) Malawi CATIII Global Response from strategy to implementation, inclusive of performance and oversight of all aspects of the response. He or She should develop and maintain an efficient, cohesive team, whilst ensuring effective coordination and relationships with the other agencies, government officials, beneficiaries, donors, churches, SAENA regional Office and all areas of the Partnership. The Response Manager shall provide over role Leadership to all sectors of the Response that includes; Operations sector, Support services, Programs, Liaison and Security. Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Provide leadership in the Development and monitoring implementation of Response strategy that addresses WV strategic goals to meet humanitarian needs:
- Develop and monitor implementation of Response strategy that addresses WV strategic goals and humanitarian standards to meet humanitarian needs.
- Ensure Response is staffed to meet response needs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with humanitarian actors, government representatives and World Vision stakeholders.
- Develop and plan the Response to achieve Response strategy goal and objectives.
- Implement response programme in accordance with response commitments and to meet international and WV standards.
- Initiate resourcing mechanisms and ensure financial resources are managed according to WV standards, donor and SO agreements.
- Oversee Security function, planning and implementation to ensure response staff (and organizational) safety and security.
- Ensure response internal and external reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure Response meets minimum quality standard and supports programme improvement, reflection, learning and innovation.
Provide leadership in ensuring that the Response is staffed to meet response needs:
- Determine response org structure with ND and P&C.
- Conduct high-level workforce planning with P&C and mobilize surge functions as required.
- Ensure defined accountabilities under the EMS are clear for each function including TOR objectives and quality criteria.
- Ensure P&C works with EMS functions to identify workforce requirements.
- Ensure P&C plans for capacity building with EMS functions.
- Ensure P&C develops performance planning and review processes that include quality criteria.
- Ensure P&C establishes a staff care function and mechanisms that support staff well-being.
- Consult ND to plan Response team transition / integration.
- Ensure adequate internal communications mechanisms are in place to ensure policies, information and decisions are shared with staff as appropriate.
Coordination and networking and liaise with donors and other humanitarian agencies:
- Represent the response in Partnership Executive Committee and Partnership Coordination Committee (where activated).
- Identify and highlight areas of conflict to Response SMT, ND and SAENA Regional Office.
- Create and maintain collaborative relations and where appropriate partnerships with government, other NGOs, UN agencies, civil society, churches, bi-lateral missions and donors.
- Participate in consortium meetings and Response related national coordination meetings.
- Support Liaison to ensure WV is represented at relevant technical and coordination mechanisms in-country.
Provide Leadership in the Development and planning of the Response to achieve Response strategy goal and objectives:
- Provide oversight to funding allocation (i.e. PNS, grants, etc) to ensure alignment with strategy and humanitarian needs.
- Ensure Response programme development meets WV and international standards.
- Ensure that adequate funding to address humanitarian needs is acquired.
- Ensure Advocacy staff are empowered to integrate advocacy across sectors and to develop child-focused advocacy positions which are aligned with strategy and organizational priorities.
- Facilitate the signing of MOUs and contracts, with donors, SOs and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate waivers are in place to facilitate timely response implementation.
Ensure quality Assurance of the Response programme in accordance with response commitments to meet international and WV standards:
- Ensure that accessible beneficiary feedback mechanisms are established and functioning.
- Ensure staff establish community accountability methods across all of the response program.
- Monitor and identify risks to programme quality and coordinate resources to address them.
- Ensure that all programmes are implemented, monitored and evaluated according to set plans and that agreements with donors, SOs and other stakeholders are adhered to.
- Ensure management meetings address quality risks & relevant monitoring data & community feedback.
Initiate resourcing mechanisms and ensure financial resources are managed according to WV standards, donor and SO agreements:
- Initiate response funding mechanisms with support of ND, RL & RHEAD.
- Ensure that funding is managed and accounted for in compliance with donors and Support Offices agreements and WV standards.
- Ensure that programme and projects audits are planned and conducted as per WV audit regulations and donor government requirements.
- Ensure that audit reports are responded to and recommendations implemented.
Oversee Security function, planning and implementation to ensure response staff and organizational safety and security:
- Ensure staffing of Security function.
- Provide oversight to implementation of security protocols as per CSR.
- Facilitate inter-agency coordination for information sharing and intelligence sharing.
Ensure response internal and external reporting requirements are met:
- Liaise with Programmes and Info Management to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are planned for and reports are prepared.
- Review and submit partnership programme reports.
- Prepare and submit monthly management reports.
- Ensure internal response coordination & information sharing mechanisms are functioning.
Ensure that response meets WV minimum quality standards and supports program improvement, reflection, learning and innovation:
- Ensure previous response learnings from Global learning facilitator are reviewed in program design.
- Encourage the incorporation of best practice and innovation in program design.
- Ensure all functions have quality planning sessions to meet quality objectives of their TOR.
- Ensure achievement level of all function quality objectives is monitored monthly and reported.
- Ensure risks that prevent the achievement of quality objectives are reported and rapidly addressed.
- Ensure mechanisms are established to identify, document, & share lessons learned with Partnership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Degree in Social work, International Relations, or any other related field to humanitarian response.
- Experience in working in a CATIII Global Response at management level.
- Experience in working as an expatriate in humanitarian sector in INGO.
- Experience in emergency programming resource mobilization.
- Having an extensive WVI training in Response Management is an added advantage.
- Experience in WFP, USAID, or any other donor related to humanitarian emergency and recovery services and management.
- Very conversant and good at Computer skills.
- Online or digital tracking system for accounting and reporting in advantage.
- Demonstrated ability in supervision.
- Experience in working with donor funds.
- Working knowledge of commodity management, emergency procurement services and accounting and reconciling, preparing food distribution plans etc..
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work environment: Office-based with travel to the field.
- Travel: 30% Domestic.
- 10% international travel is required.
- On call: 24 hours.