The Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA), an organization entrusted with the assessment, collection, and accounting for tax revenues for the Malawi Government is inviting applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the following vacant position in Internal Audit Division.
Position: Audit Supervisor
Location: Head Office
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
FUNCTION / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop audit objectives, plans, and scope in consistent with the departmentâ€™s charter, organizational/unit objectives, the assessment of audit risk, client needs, and the audit needs/priorities as communicated by the audit committee.
- Schedule audits, determine the necessary resources, and see that the approved audit plan is accomplished to the extent staffing allows.
- Communicate with those who need to know about audits and interface with personnel throughout the organization, particularly those being audited, to resolve audit issues and achieve the desired improvement actions.
- Supervise audits and review work performed to insure adequacy of audit scope, adequacy of testing performed, and accuracy of conclusions reached.
- Review and approve detailed audit programs tailored to each audit to assure that no specific tests or activities necessary for the audit are overlooked and to assist in preventing ineffective audit techniques from being performed.
- Evaluate auditor performance, provide on-the-job training, and counsel auditors to strengthen the personâ€™s knowledge/skills/development.
- Develop and maintain productive client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Edit audit reports to facilitate recommendations and ultimately improve actions.
- Facilitate audit processes by resolving issues and staff questions during the day to day progress of audits.
- Perform related work as assigned by the internal audit manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants should have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or its equivalent and a professional qualification such as a CIA, ACCA, CIMA
- 3 years post qualification experience in a professional audit firm or internal audit department of a financial, commercial or industrial organization
- Sound knowledge of Malawi Taxation, Customs and Excise,and Value Added Tax Acts
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Must have an analytical mind
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to assist others and take on additional responsibilities
Interested candidates should submit their Application Letters, Copies of Certificates and updated Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
The Commissioner General,
Malawi Revenue Authority,
Private Bag 247,
Note: Successful candidates will undergo an extensive background check before being appointed and will only be appointed if the vetting shall be favourable. Closing date for receiving applications is 23rd May, 2017.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe