ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered non-governmental organisation affiliated to the federation of ActionAid International, an anti-poverty agency working in over 45 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty and injustice together.
The consortium of ActionAid and CISANET received funding from the European Union on Enhancing CSOs’ contributions to governance and development processes in Malawi to implement a project on Enhancing Citizen’s Participation in Budget Tracking and Monitoring for Equitable and sustainable development in Malawi. The project is being implemented in four districts of Nsanje, Phalombe, Mchinji and Rumphi.The overall objective of the project is to improve transparency and accountability in public expenditure at national and local levels. ActionAid is seeking to recruit the following the position for the project.
Project Coordinator (Maternity Cover – 5 Months)
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the Project Management Unit (PMU), overseeing day to day planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation to achieve the defined project objectives/ outcomes in line with the approved tender mandate and Project Document. S/he will work closely with the target District Councils. S/he will be responsible for project budget tracking, monitoring and compliance with contractual requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the effective planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the Project to achieve the defined project objectives
- Provide technical advice, support and links to District structures particularly in the design of activities and in developing partner relationships to ensure effective Budget Tracking and Monitoring at district level
- Oversee monitoring of project activities at national and regional levels, ensuring documentation of impact and learning
- Prepare reports for submission to EU, ensuring compliance with contractual rules and regulations
- Oversee the effective implementation ofthe Monitoring and Evaluation framework in collaboration with district councils ensuring sharing of knowledge and learning within and outside the project
- Ensure that gender and governance issues are prioritized and monitored throughout the Project period
Coordination of Project
- Facilitate effective coordination and collaboration between and amongst implementation Members.
- Coordinate the project and give strategic oversight including organizing and convening quarterly, annual meetings to review project progress and performance
- Coordinate operational monitoring of project activities including organizing and convening monthly progress meetings of the Project Management Unit
- Link up with all members to ensure the project is given optimum support for effective delivery
External Engagement and Representation
- Act as the main focal point for engagement with and accountability to AAM and EU.
- Act as the Spokesperson including engaging with media
- Represent the project in engagement with key national, regional and district stakeholders including governance institutions and civil society networks to ensure support for the Project
- Develop communications plan, coordinate communications and dissemination activities, ensuring that other stakeholders are kept informed of progress and key issues
Financial Management and Reporting
- Ensure that theConsortium work plan and expenditure conforms to the project budget and remains within agreed limits.
- Facilitate any necessary revisions
- Follow up and reviewfinancial reportsfrom all project stakeholders to ensure compliance with the reporting schedule
- Ensure that all financial documents are properly stored and archived for referencing and verification during internal and external audits
- Compile and manage a risk register for the project
- Line manage Project officer and contribute to the management of matrix reports including recruitment, induction, setting performance objectives, individual work planning, performance management, personal development, coaching and mentoring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Political Science, Development Studies, Human Rights, Governance or other related fields
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an international agency / across countries using rights based approaches
- Comprehensive understanding of both policy issues and project practice on social accountability
- Experience of developing, planning, managing and reporting on institutional donor-funded Projects Solid project management skills and experience of managing complex projects with a wide geographical scope requiring strong collaboration
- Strong networking/relationship-building skills to work well with and influence diverse stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, resourcefulness to understand and synthesize diverging points of view and resolve conflicts without escalation
- Team coordination skills, ability to negotiate, influence and facilitate activities with colleagues to get results without formal line management authority
- Energetic, enthusiastic and interested in learning within a political, changing and diverse work environment Very good communication skills (verbal and written) to work well in a global and multi-cultural context
Applications should be sent with a CV, motivation letter and must contain names and contact details of at least three (3) traceable referees (one of which must be from current or most recent employer) to:
with EU Project Coordinator – Maternity Cover as subject of the email no later than 22nd February 2017.
All applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits and qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe