The Malawi Red Cross Society (MRCS) is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). In Malawi, it is established by an Act of Parliament. It focuses on providing Humanitarian services to vulnerable populations.
MRCS under its Health Deportment is implementing the following projects with support from Swiss Red Cross (M)
- Integrated Community Based Health in Mzimba and Salima districts:
- Blood Donor Recruitment Project in Blantyre and Lilongwe districts in partnership with Malawi Blood Transfusion Service
Therefore, MRCS is urgently seeking to engage the services of a suitably qualified, motivated, capable and experienced individual(s) with the following values. Respect for Diversity, Integrity, professionalism, accountability to fill the following vacant positions,
Place of Work Mzimba Project Office.
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Programme Accountant, the Project Accountant is responsible for technical budget preparation, and for accounting and financial reporting of MRCS Integrated Community Based Health Project Funds at district level in line with generally accepted accounting standards, MRCS and SRC policies, project contract and guidelines.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Processing various payments for the projects, for example Petty Cash, Bank and Working advance, payment requests for both cash and cheque payments.
- Reconciliation of working advances and preparation of monthly and annual financial reports as part of the reporting cycle of the National Society consistent with MRCS and SRC requirements in line with the Project Agreement Document, Management
- Maintenance and update of fixed assets register ensuring appropriate, accurate and complete accounting for fixed assets.
- Coaching and advising of project staff on financial matters affecting their project.
- Participate in preparations for annual audits and providing auditors with information during the audit process.
Required Educational Background
- Diploma in Accounting, or its equivalent from a reputable institution.
- Three years’ experience in donor funded projects and Financial reporting
- Good Computer skills – MS Excel, Word, Internet
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications, enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names of three traceable referees, day telephone and e-mail address to:
The Acting Secretary General,
Malawi Red Cross Society,
P.O. Box 30096,
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 5th May, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe