ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered non-governmental organisation affiliated to the federation of ActionAid International, an anti-poverty agency working in over 45 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty and injustice together.
ActionAid works in partnership with communities, community based organizations, civil society, social movements, and governments, across the world to fight and eradicate poverty, injustice and exclusion. We work with and support poor and excluded people in the struggle to demand and claim their rights. ActionAid’s work is focused around women’s rights, right to education, climate resilience & sustainable agriculture, just and democratic governance, and HIV and AIDS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Programme Officer as follows:
JOB TITLE: Programme Officer
REPORTING TO: Programme Coordinator
The Programme Officer shall be responsible for facilitating programme planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation and impact assessment of thematic programmes and projects in line with the LRP strategy,CSP,AAI strategy, and thematic strategies and priorities at LRP level, including identification and facilitating organisational development of partners, community mobilisation, general administration and sponsorship. The Programme Officer deputises the Programme Coordinator in all LRP functions and also acts as focal person in their regions in line with their thematic competencies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Programme Planning,implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Facilitates analysis and development of annual plans and budgets by partners and
mid-year and annual reports.
- Facilitates the implementation of annual plans and budgets in line with implementation schedules and procedures through technical guidance, administrative coordination and logistical supervision and support to partners.
- Facilitates development of project proposal
- Facilitates capacity building for partners, district and local stakeholders on rights based programme work
- Coordinates development and consolidation of implementation plans by partners
Social Mobilisation and building of People’s Organisation
- Identifies and facilitates formation of people’s organizations and conducts initial assessment of the same in the LRP
- Identifies partners’ capacity gaps and needs and facilitates capacity building of partners and other people’s organizations to enable them implement quality and high impact rights-based programmes and manage programme funds efficiently and effectively
- Identifies competent trainers for capacity building activities and links partners to other organizations or duty bearers providing the same
- Facilitates and guides development of partnership agreements with partners
- Coordinates the facilitation of Partners Organizations development processes
- Facilitates development of partner’s proposals and links them to other donors
- Facilitates disbursement of grants to implementing partners
- Provides technical direction on activity implementation and leads on monitoring in line with partnership agreements
- Links partners to other institutions for technical and financial support
Advocacy and Campaigns
- Identifies issues for advocacy at district and national levels including emerging issues from implementation and contextual changes
- Organizes and coordinates campaigns by partners including guiding stakeholder analyses, development of key messages and tactics and linking them with national and international commemorations and organizational campaigns
- Facilitates capacity building of partners and other people’s organizations on human rights based advocacy and campaigns including guiding mapping of stakeholders
Finance Management and Responsibilities
- Verifies and provides technical guidance on budgeting to partners
- Identifies partner capacity gaps and needs in finance management
- Organizes and coordinates trainings for partner’s organizations in Finance Management
- Coordinates finance review visits by Regional Accountants and Auditors
- Conducts regular reviews of partners’financial books to ensure compliance and adherence to AA finance policies and procedures
- Orients partners in finance procedures and provides guidance in finance procedures and systems and cost consciousness when undertaking procurements and developing budgets
- Orients partners in whistle blowing policy and its implementation
- Writes bank authorizations for partners on withdrawals and payments
- Orients partners an audit exercises
- Facilitates conduct of Internal and External audits of partner organizations
- Responds to audit queries and managements accounts discrepancies
- Manages organizational funds through activity floats
General Management, Administration and Corporate functions
- Deputizes, acts and represents the organization and the Programme Coordinator in district meetings, taskforces, committees, impact area meetings, internal organizational meetings and other assigned tasks.
- Participates in and contributes to National, regional and LRP meetings, taskforces, teams and other assignments.
- Participates in monthly LRP project management meetings to review and take management decisions.
- Provides timely feedback and responses to programme related tasks/request from the national office units and other LRPs.
- Prepares procurement requisitions, LPOs, payment requests etc.
- Maintains motorcycle logbook entries.
- Produces transport reports including declaration of private use of AAIM motorcycle.
- Manages stores and maintains store records
- Carries out other functions as assigned by the line supervisor.
- Facilitates all logistics for the LRP with national and regional offices and/or units
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in development studies or related field
- 2 or more years’ practical experience in development studies
- Experience in forming or strengthening peoples movements
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of participatory methods, processes and tools such as REFLECT, PVA, PRA and STAR.
- People and Conflict management skills.
Applications should be sent with a CV, motivation letter and must contain names and contact details of at least three (3) traceable referees as follows:
Programme Officer Position to:
with Programme Officer as subject of the email no later than 22nd February 2017.
All applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits and qualified women are
especially encouraged to apply.
especially encouraged to apply.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe