The Malawi Red Cross Society (MRCS) is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). In Malawi, it is established by an Act of Parliament. It focuses on providing Humanitarian services to vulnerable populations.
MRCS under its Health Deportment is implementing the following projects with support from Swiss Red Cross (M)
- Integrated Community Based Health in Mzimba and Salima districts:
- Blood Donor Recruitment Project in Blantyre and Lilongwe districts in partnership with Malawi Blood Transfusion Service
Therefore, MRCS is urgently seeking to engage the services of a suitably qualified, motivated, capable and experienced individual(s) with the following values. Respect for Diversity, Integrity, professionalism, accountability to fill the following vacant position:
Place of Work: MRCS Headquarters, Lilongwe.
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Head of Health, the Programme Manager will be responsible for initiating and managing the Integrated Community Based Health Care Project being implemented in Mzimba and Salima districts. The Programme Manager is the counterpart to the SWISS Red Cross in-country delegate, and the budget holder for the programme.
The Key Responsibilities and Duties
Specifically, the activities to be corned out shall include but not limited to the following:
- Monitoring programme development and determining strategic opportunities at district and notional levels, co-ordinating closely with the Malawi Red Cross Society, Head of Health, Field Staff and Stakeholders.
- Contribute to the execution of MRCS strategic plan especially with regards to Health and Care, First Aid and Blood Disaster Management and Humanitarian Diplomacy.
- Assist the District Project Officers in developing strong relationship with District Stakeholders and in the development of appropriate advocacy actions.
- In close collaboration with the delegate counterpart, and under guidance of the Head of Health provide overall leadership and management, ensuring that the programme is managed in line with the project document and in compliance with MRCS and SRC regulations.
- Ensure programme implementation is managed through the rigorous use of structures, updated work plans, spending plans, indicator tracking sheets and approved monitoring & evaluation tools.
- Compile programme activity reports as part of MRCS and SRC requirements.
- Provide quarterly (or needs based) technical supportive supervision to District Project Officers to ensure effective and high standard delivery of the programme activities.
- In collaboration with Accountants ensure that effective budgeting, control and monitoring of the project expenditures against plans and that well-structured corrective action is initiated and tracked where required.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors Degree in Public Health, Social Science or Community Development
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet
- Master’s Degree in public Health, Social or community Development
- Experience in Research methodologies
- Strong skills in program monitoring, evaluation and report writing.
- Experience working with NG0s.
- Good leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to profile his/her scope of work and attract donors/ partners thereby mobilizing resources through programming.
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications, enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names of three traceable referees, day telephone and e-mail address to:
The Acting Secretary General,
Malawi Red Cross Society,
P.O. Box 30096,
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 5th May, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe