|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
|Contract length:||12 months|
|Full Time:||38 hours per week|
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
To lead proposal development in line with VSO Malawi strategy, including the development of partnerships and consortium, writing narrative proposals and developing project
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Extensive experience in multi-sector programme design in several countries
• Experience with participatory research, evaluation and consultations as used in workshop facilitation and situational analysis
• Proven track record in writing winning donor proposals for donors including USAID, EC, UKAID, SIDA and UN Agencies – including proven ability to develop log frames, monitoring frameworks, and theories of change
• Experience of preparing compelling, high quality documentation (concept notes, presentations, proposals, budgets, reports, etc) for different partner and donor audiences
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills used in international settings – experience of leading and facilitating workshops and training
• Ability to be self-directed and take initiative within organisational mandates – sound judgement and strong administrative and organisational skills
• Experience of establishing partnerships between organisations including teaming agreement and consortia bid development
• Educated to degree level in an international development-related discipline preferred
• IT skills including fluency in Microsoft office suite and database usage
• Experience of living and working internationally (4+ years required)
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.