More information about this job
The Pediatric Technical Advisor will provide technical support in the planning and implementation of the Accelerating Children’s HIV/AIDS Treatment (ACT) program within MSH -supported facilities in collaboration with district health management teams. He/she will provide technical support for the Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment programming as well as building capacity of MOH staff at the facility level.
Implementation of ACT
- Support implementation of the Accelerating Children’s HIV/AIDS Treatment (ACT) program within the district.
- Work with data clerks and facility staff, help track progress, identify course correction needs and implement interventions in a timely manner.
- Provide on-going technical support for MOH mentorship teams at district level while building technical capacity of staff for ongoing and sustained technical support to facilities in the implementation of pediatric and adolescent HIV services.
- Supervise all pediatric-specific HIV/ AIDS initiatives, including early infant diagnosis and pediatric ART.
- Participate in district supervision and mentorship review meetings.
Development of materials
- Participate in the development of materials related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment, including clinical guidelines, protocols, algorithms and other necessary tools.
- Submit periodic reports and feedback to counterparts and donor on assistance provided, challenges/solutions and plans/next steps.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Bachelor of Medicine or its equivalent.
- Masters of Medicine in Pediatrics or Pediatric experience will be an added advantage.
- Five years’ experience in implementation of eMTCT and Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment programs.
- Ability to travel to health facilities in the MSH-assigned districts.
- Fluency in English required (written and oral).