Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following post existing on Parliament of Malawi Establishment:
Vacancy Number : PSC/21 /17
Post: Parliamentary Counsel
Responsible to : Senior Parliamentary Counsel
Salary; Within salary range applicable to Grade I in the Parliamentary Service
Purpose of the Job
- To provide legal Services to the National Assembly.
- Assisting in Drafting and scrutinizing proposed amendments to Government and private members’ bills;
- Assisting in Advising the Attorney General’s office on litigation and procedural matters affecting Parliament;
- Providing legal advice and opinion on administrative, constitutional, criminal and all related matters;
- Preparing copies of Bills passed by National Assembly for Assenting;
- Drafting private Members’ Bills and Rules of Procedure;
- Assisting in Providing data to planning on the activities of the legal section;
- Participating in Carrying out research on legal issues pertinent to the operation of the legal Services Section,
- Undertaking litigation matters on behalf of the Parliament of Malawi
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Those with a licence to practice in the Courts of Malawi and experience in legislative drafting will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should include detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of certified educational and professional certificates, addressee to the address below not later than 17th March, 2017.
Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag 8362,
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe