Purpose of the position
To lead the monitoring and evaluation processes for the project as part of the project’s M&E plan. Build staff capacity to implement relevant DME processes to a consistently high standard. Proactively support the continuous improvement and refinement of DME processes.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Project M&E System Development
- Lead in the M&E system and process development, creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Propose strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Program staff.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify
- potential modifications or resources.
5. Data Management and Analysis
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems
- and propose solutions.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to make recommendations to Program staff.
- Implement and participate in program and project progress evaluation, survey and program follow up in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
6. Communication and Reporting
- Support Grants Manager in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are
- submitted on time for this grant/program.
- Review and analyze monthly and quarterly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Document the lessons learned and best practices of the different programs and projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Information Communication Technology, Project Management, or other relevant academic background (essential), Master’s Degree (desirable)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience (essential), background in Education/Forestry (desirable)
- 3 to 5 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience (essential)
- Capacity to produce high-quality reports
- Good knowledge of World Vision Child wellbeing Targets (Desirable), knowledge or World Vision LEAP Framework (essential)
- Good level of proficiency in statistical packages and quantitative analysis
- Experience in program design and M&E plan development
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Strong interpersonal skills and managerial capacity
- Experience in a non-governmental organization (Essential).