Malawi Telecommunications Limited (MTL) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant positions of Manager Information Systems based at its Blantyre TEC offices in Blantyre.
MTL stands on its Core Values of Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Professional Standards, and Management by Example, Highly Ethical and Teamwork & Empowerment. The successful candidates will embody and practice the Company’s Core Values in playing their part in the future of the company.
Manager Information Systems – HR16016@MTL.mw
Reporting to the Head of Information and Services, the incumbent will be responsible for planning, managing, coordinating, monitoring and supervising business and operation systems and ensuring efficiency. Other responsibilities will not be limited to the following:
- Participating in the planning of the IS Systems strategy.
- Participating in the designing and planning of major upgrades and changes to ensuring reliability and availability.
- Advising on the technical specification relating to the development or procurement of new information systems or ICT infrastructure.
- Establishing systems requirements for budget inclusion.
- Planning and managing work for the Information Systems section.
- Setting and managing KPIs for staff.
- Motivating employees and developing team commitment towards meeting the operational goals and objectives.
- Participating in the development of staff development plans.
- Ensuring staff meet agreed incident and problem resolution timelines.
- Directly supervising employees and carrying out supervisory responsibilities.
- Identifying and addressing quality of work and performance improvement issues for the section.
Software Analysis and Design
- Contributing in the development of strategic application architecture based on best practices and standards.
- Leading in the analysis of user requirements.
- Guiding team in the translation of user requirements into system specifications.
- Leading in creation of architectural documents and technical specifications
- Implementing and enforcing software development and testing standards and service level agreements.
- Leading in the analysis of existing technical environments.
Software and Systems Implementation
- Leading in the deployment of systems.
- Leading in the acceptance testing and commissioning of all new or modified information systems and applications.
- Ensuring change procedures are followed when taking systems to production environment.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time.
- Leading in the implementation of improvements through the systems development life cycle.
Systems Maintenance and Support
- Leading in the support of both the Corporate and Business systems
- Managing the designing and implementation of the systems architecture to ensuring service availability.
- Monitoring systems to ensuring maximum systems efficiency & availability throughout the organisation at all times.
- Developing and maintaining an effective access monitoring practice for all systems to prevent unauthorised access.
- Reviewing incidents reports to ensuring incidents are efficiently addressed and problems resolved.
- Implementing and monitoring a patching regime for systems.
- Supporting New Product Design with future product developments.
Incident and Problem Management
- Responding to emergency calls timely to resolve incidents of immediate concerns.
- Ensuring all systems incidents are timely resolved to keep downtime at reasonable levels
- Working as part of a team providing 3rd line support for incidents and requesting on systems either directly or indirectly.
- Serving as a technical escalation point for users and customers and ready to coaching and training them through hands-on assistance.
- Leading in the development, maintenance and implementation of systems documentation.
- Leading in the proper maintenance of documentation of the systems.
- Managing an up to date record of all systems for the organization.
- Overseeing the preparation of system training manuals.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for all infrastructure and related systems.
- Ensuring all systems implementation conforms to security Policies and good practice.
- Specifying data selection and locations for backup.
- Monitoring the backup operations and scheduling to ensure all systems data is adequately backed up and secured.
- Initiating and leading in the systems and data recovery tests.
- Ensuring that all company policies and procedures are followed in relation to implementation and running of systems.
- Implementing solutions to resolve security issues raised by auditors
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent;
- Seven years’ experience in systems administration and support in Telco environment;
- Strong analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Strong management and leadership skills and proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and can work under pressure;
- Can work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a result –drivenenvironment;
- Ability to networking and coordinating with different departments within and outside MTL;
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong project management skills including the ability to plan initiatives and deliver results
- Ability to coordinate system, integration, UAT and full end-to-end/operational readiness testing
- Data migration skills and Database administration skills
Interested candidates should submit their applications together with their curriculum vitae and names and addresses of three traceable referees to the Chief Executive Officer of MTL.
Only applications submitted electronically to HR16016@mtl.mw by 17.00 HOURS on 23rdNovember, 2016 will be considered.
“We are an equal opportunity Employer”