Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 24 May 2017
Job title Social Marketing & Research Advisor
Department East Africa
Based in Lilongwe, Malawi
Reports to the Country Representative **
Who we are **
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
For over 20 years, PSI has worked in Malawi with support from the Government of Malawi and international donors such as USAID, KfW, DFID, UNITAID and Unicef. Since 1994, PSI has implemented social marketing and social franchising programs with behavior change communication to deliver products and services for a wide range of health areas, including family planning and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, child survival, and water-borne diseases. PSI’s programs have helped the local population avert over 820,000 disability-affected life years. As you’d expect with results like this, we are a hard-working, focused team who believe in what we do and enjoy working with each other to achieve such results.
PSI seeks highly qualified candidates for the position of Social Marketing and Research Advisor for PSI Malawi. The candidate will lead a highly motivated team of researchers, SBC and Social Marketing professionals. This full-time position will be based in Lilongwe, Malawi and report directly to the Country Representative.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will provide the day-to-day management and leadership of all research, communication and social marketing activities and work closely with all technical implementers of PSI/Malawi’s programs. You will:
Provide technical oversight
- Provide oversight and guidance of research, social marketing and social and behavior change (SBC) activities for the organization
- Lead the research, SBC and social marketing departmental planning and reporting including annual work planning with technical program leads, including capacity building and provision of technical assistance
- Work with M&E staff to design and implement strategies to monitor and evaluate all PSI Malawi programs
- Use project, country, and donor data to analyze project progress, update Social Marketing and SBC strategies and improve implementation
Lead departmental planning and execution
- Provide quality and timely management of department activities, including planning, implementation, and reporting related to research, social marketing and social behavior change
- Guide department teams on how to effectively achieve results
- Develop and steward department deliverables consistent with both organizational and donor requirements
- Guide the development and implementation of annual work plans and budgets
- Assist the Country Representative with other duties as necessary
What are we looking for?
- You have at least 8 years of experience on Social Marketing and SBC-related programs in developing countries.
- You have a master’s degree in Psychology, Communication, Marketing, Business, Economics, or a related field.
- You have knowledge and experience in implementation of behavior change theory
- You have experience and are passionate in building local technical, management and leadership capacity in Research, Social Marketing and SBC.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have significant project management, reporting, compliance, and leadership experience.
- References will be required.
What would get us excited?
Experienced manager. You have been a Lead Marketer or SBC Technical Leader or Social Marketing/SBC Project Manager of a large project before. You have worked on these projects in areas with political instability, ideally in Malawi.
Capacity Builder: You have experience in building institutional, local technical, management and leadership capacity in creating demand for Malaria prevention, HIV prevention, WASH, indoor air pollution, and sexual and reproductive health services.
Collaborative manager. You can inspire a shared vision for the project staff. You have successfully helped your staff learn, grow, and thrive in their work. You can help others resolve conflict and excel as a team.
DFID experience. You understand USAID or DFID or KfW regulations and have experience implementing USAID, DFID, KfW-funded projects.
Communicator. You can spot health trends and keep the PSI/Malawi staff informed about needs and opportunities in country. You have excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
Strategist and innovator. You are creative, innovative and strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
- Unaccompanied post
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
How to apply:
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe