Closing date: 27 Feb 2017
The Senior Programme Manager provides strategic and technical leadership to m2m Malawi, including oversight of programme design, planning, and implementation; training; and programme quality improvement. The Senior Programme Manager oversees programmatic capacity building of the m2m Malawi programmes team at all levels. The position is based in the m2m Malawi Country Office in Lilongwe and reports to the Country Director.
Key Performance Areas:
· Lead the development and implementation of m2m’s annual programme plan
· Oversee all programme field operations and actively oversee programme expansion and rationalization;
· Lead programmes team in development of donor reports and deliverables
· Manage new programme design/adaptation and rollout. With Country Director, develop funding proposals.
· Act as project coordinator for select donor awards, including budget management, programmatic reporting, and relationship management with donors.
· Facilitate regular team reviews to analyse programme issues/concerns regarding implementation and operation, proposed solutions and next steps;
· Work closely with the M&E team to initiate programme quality assessments and improvement processes to maintain high quality services in line with key performance metrics;
· Manage Programme Managers and Training and Education Manager; provide support, supervision and performance management to promote high quality service delivery;
· Develop terms of reference and manage consultants in accordance with the needs of the programme.
· Establish and maintain close working relationships with MoH, donors, and partner organizations
Qualifications and experience
· Master’s degree or equivalent in public health or nursing sciences
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the field of public health and/or NGO sector including at least 3 years in program management at senior level
· Demonstrated experience in RMNCH, PMTCT, HIV/AIDS, and/or nutrition program management the regional or national level
· Demonstrated experience working with MOH, UNICEF, CDC, USAID, and other stakeholders
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience conducting routine programme monitoring and using data for decision making
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing activities and meet tight deadlines
· Ability to lead a high-performing team to achieve programme outcomes
· Demonstrated skills in work planning, budgeting, and budget monitoring
· Dynamism, independence, creativity
· Ability to problem solve and work independently
· Fluency in English; fluency in Chichewa preferred
· Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
· Possession of own car and valid driver’s license desirable
How to apply:
· Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 27 February 2017.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe