Organization: Help a Child
Closing date: 22 Jun 2017
Help a Child Malawi is looking for a
Program Manager Early Childhood Development (ECD)
Help a Child (HaC) is a Christian international NGO specialized in participatory community development with its headquarters in the Netherlands. Founded in 1968, HaCâ€™s mission is to improve the wellbeing of children through empowerment of children themselves as well as their families and communities. Our main sources of income are child & family sponsorship, grants from institutional donors and foundations. Our main activities focus on early childhood development, education, vocational training, work and income, with special attention for the position of girls and women, and childrenâ€™s rights.
HaCâ€™s strategy is to empower Children & Youth, Parents and the broader Community to grow out of poverty. This is also reflected in the anticipated changes as a result of our programs that we have described in our Theory of Change:
A. Children are able to overcome barriers to participate successfully in life;
B. Parents are able to take care of themselves and their children;
C. Youth are self-reliant and ready for work;
D. Communities are able to link to and make use of economic opportunities and services and gradually take full ownership of their own development.
Since 2009 HaC has implemented child focused community development programs in Malawi through our local partner organizations. In order to enhance HaCâ€™s expertise role towards our partner organizations as well as government and other stakeholders, HaC has opened a country office in Malawi. Based on our 2016-2020 global strategy, Youth & Work and Early Childhood Development (ECD) are priority sectors.
For more information, please visit https://www.helpachild.org**Position**
The HaC Malawi ECD country strategy 2017-2019 gives focus to Community Based ECD models, nutrition and parenting support. The ECD Program manager will play an important role in further shaping the country program and oversee the implementation of this strategy. This involves program management, capacity building of local partner organizations and assuring program quality and impact monitoring. In collaboration with the Child Desk in the Netherlands, the ECD Program Manager will develop ECD materials, manuals and training modules. Further the Program Manager will represent the organization in professional networks, towards donors and relevant government departments and play a role in program design, proposal development and fundraising. The successful candidate will be passionate about ECD with a strong understanding of both the policy level and the level of practical project implementation.
- Develop ECD program plans and implement the plans in close cooperation with our local partners
- Take lead in project design and proposal development
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of field activities to ensure that interventions are compliant with the standards and principles of not only the organization, but also of the Malawi government and donors
- Contribute to developing and reviewing of ECD program Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Systems
Networking and Partnership Management
- Develop and maintain good relations with the government at central, district and local level
- Determine and assess the need to join appropriate networks of project-related experts and influential groups
- Develop strong relationships with existing and potential donors in the ECD sector to promote ECD approaches and results and to pursue funding opportunities so as to attract adequate funding for the programs
- Identify, develop and recommend programs for potential partnerships. This includes attending learning workshops, organizing joint field visits with other parties and participating in professional events on ECD
Capacity Building and Organizational Learning
- Build knowledge and technical capacity of implementing partners to deliver and monitor quality ECD interventions
- Support in developing knowledge and training modules related to ECD, including incorporating research design and methodologies in project design and management
- Conducting capacity assessments, providing trainings and coaching to partners on ECD
- Planning for organizational reflection and learning opportunities, such as special impact studies, after action reviews, and partnersâ€™ meetings, organizational learning surveys, etc.**Qualifications and Experience**
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications and experience:
- University level degree in Early Childhood Development, Social Science or a related field
- 7-10 years of experience, of which a minimum of 4 years in the field of ECD, both at policy development level and practical implementation level
- In-depth knowledge and experience with participatory community development, community based ECD models and parenting support
- Experience with program design and program cycle management
- Experience with proposal development and fundraising
- Competent in building capacity of others, providing training of trainers and coaching support
- Passion for innovation, research and building evidence for results
- Ability to set and achieve clear objectives and deadlines
- Self-starter, results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Full support for HaCâ€™s vision, mission and Christian core values
This position is open to Malawian Nationals only
Place of work: Lilongwe, Malawi
Starting date for work: as soon as possible
How to apply:
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with significant experience in ECD to be part of a new country organization.
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume no later than June 22nd 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please share your motivation for the position and for working with Help a Child being a child focused and Christian organization.
For more information, please contact Mrs. Erine Dijkstra, Country Program Director at email@example.com
An (e-) assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
Help A child is committed to keep children safe. All staff are required to sign and adhere to the Help a Child Child Safeguarding Policy. Recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe