Organization: Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative
Country: Malawi, South Africa
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Malawi (Baylor-Malawi) is a not-for-profit organization partnering with the Government of Malawi in the health sector. The mission is to improve the health and lives of HIV-infected children and families through high quality, high impact, ethical, state-of-the-art, comprehensive care and treatment, training of health professionals, and clinical research. Baylor-Malawi has an international reputation for innovative, evidence-based HIV service delivery programming.
The TSP HIV TA Experts (or TSP TA’s) will provide technical assistance to USAID missions, national Ministries of Health, and Implementing Partners. TSP TA’s may also provide support for project operation, implementation and management; TSP experts work alongside existing project personnel to transfer knowledge and skills. Includes short and medium-term peer-to-peer assignments with mentors providing on-the-job guidance. TSP TA’s may, for example, perform baseline assessments, recommend implementation approaches, develop materials (trainings, tools, job aids, etc.), train partners and personnel, or conduct impact assessments.
Consultations may involve guidelines/work plan review and development. TA requests usually require meeting with USAID and the target partner program to collaboratively develop a customized work plan, milestones, timeline, and targets. Examples: 1) TSP TA expert provides a two-week TA visit to assist an IP program in launching PITC activities in district hospitals; 2) TSP TA expert provides two-week on site support to adjust data collection methodologies to PEPFAR for preparation of a USAID APR submission; 3) TSP TA expert assesses a country’s challenges with steady availability of HTC test kits and QC reagents during a three-month assignment; makes recommendations for improving supply chain and QA of HTC for the USAID mission. TSP TA’s will balance their TA and program implementation activities with in country clinical/program assignments including possible staffing of Baylor clinics.
This is summary of the primary responsibilities of the position, not an employment contract; it does not restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. Baylor-Malawi may revise this document at any time.
Applications are sought from experienced, mission-driven candidates who meet the following profile:
- Master’s Degree, Masters of Public Health, PhD or MD required;
- Demonstrated experience in HIV/AIDS programming, especially testing, treatment and care; hands-on experience in seeing and treating patients and/or in women, pediatrics, or adolescent is a plus;
- Demonstrated experience designing, managing, and implementing development projects in developing countries;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, mature, disciplined, loyal, and shows initiative with an ability to work independently and within a team;
- Proven record of excellent management, leadership, and decision-making skills;
- Outstanding communicator and writer (in English) with experience as a spokesperson who can articulate messages logically and persuasively to various audiences;
- Established skills in building effective internal work relationships at all levels, and maintaining productive and cordial working relationships with stakeholder counterparts;
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR programming, rules and regulations;
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality;
- Ability to travel internationally, estimated at 50% time
How to apply:
Applications must include the following:
- A motivation letter providing explanation and detail on how the applicant satisfies the required candidate profile;
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- Names and contact information of two (2) traceable referees who are not relatives.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should address their applications to:
For physical delivery:
Tingathe Program Director
c/o Human Resource Officer
Accord House, 2nd Floor
Lilongwe 3, Malawi
For email delivery:firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed applicants will be acknowledged.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe