Social Welfare Assistants (Multiple Positions – all 28 Districts)
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates of Malawi origin to fill the following vacancy:
JOB TITLE: Social Welfare Assistant
GRADE . M
LOCATION : 28 Districts in the Country
SALARY: Within Grade M Government Salary Scale Segment
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Full Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) and
- Basic Certificate in Social Work obtained from Magomero College or any other recognised and accredited institution or
- Basic Certificate in Child Protection Work with a minimum of 4 years experience as a Child Protection Worker or
- Certificate in Psychosocial Support (PSS) in working with children obtained from a recognised Institution with a minimum of 4 years experience. Applicants with certificate in Nutrition and Development (ECD) from recognised institution will added advantage.
Applicants should be below 40 years of age
- Assess and assist clients with social problems in accordance with case work principles
- Provide counselling and psychosocial support to individuals and groups experiencing social distress and in public Institutions such as Hospitals, Schools, prisons and Refugees Camps
- Coordinate the provision of public assistance and relief to those found in destitute and emergency situations
- Compile social reports as requested by Courts
- Mobilise communities to establish community level structures and service points for child protection- and Early Childhood Development (ECD)
- Supervise and provide technical advice to Community Child Protection Workers
- Compile and submit monthly and quarterly reports to the District Social welfare Officer
- Perform any other official duties that may be assigned from time to time by high authorities.
Copies of the Malawi School Certificate of Education and the other required Certificates should be attached to the application and the letters should be sent to the following address:
Appointments and Disciplinary Committee,
Ministry of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare,
Private Bag 330,
Deadline for receiving applications is 7th March, 2017. Late applications shall not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for Interviews.
Those who previously applied are advised to re apply. Applicants are also advised to indicate their phone numbers.
Applications from qualified female candidates and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe