Organization: Concern Worldwide
Closing date: 20 May 2017
The EU Aid Volunteers initiative provides opportunities to European citizens and long-term residents, from a wide range of backgrounds and with a diversity of skills and professional experience, to get involved in humanitarian aid projects, support the provision of needs-based humanitarian aid in third countries and engage in volunteering opportunities, through deployment.
Concern are looking for talented people with a relevant technical skillset who are committed to long-term service in the humanitarian / development sector who can demonstrate an outstanding ability to adapt to difficult circumstances, remain positive, motivated and productive.
Successful EU Aid Volunteers will benefit from:
• Experience of Volunteering in a large international NGO through an apprenticeship based in Concern’s Head Office in Dublin for 3 months
• Hands-on learning in a 12 month field placement in the Concern Malawi country programme
• Opportunity for continuous self–development with the help of a mentor, line manager & on-line tools
The focus of the Gender Equality EU Aid Volunteer Malawi role is to support the development, implementation and documentation of strong Gender Equality dimension in all programmes in Concern Malawi.
Volunteer Allowance is in line with EU Aid Volunteer daily allowances:
• Whilst in Dublin €725.83 per month
• Whilst in Malawi €416.15 per month
Accommodation: Accommodation in Dublin whilst on apprenticeship and when deployed in Malawi will be provided by Concern.
Resettlement allowance: At the end of volunteer placement an allowance of €1200 will be provided as a resettlement allowance.
Travel: A return flight will be provided to Malawi from the EU Aid Volunteers home country
The cost of pre-departure preparations; insurance, medical clearance and vaccinations will be provided.
Full details for this position are outlined in the attached vacancy announcement document.
How to apply:
Full applications require the following completed documentation to be submitted when you apply below:
- Completed EUAV application form (attached)
- Cover Letter
- CV in Europass Format
- Completed self- assessment questionnaire (attached)
Please note that only complete applications can be considered.
All applications should be submitted by midnight (GMT) on 20/05/2017
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe