Organization: Acción contra el Hambre España
Closing date: 10 Mar 2017
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Head of the financial and administrative management of the mission, coordinating and leading the mission Admin team in the capital and the bases. In charge of assuring the administrative and financial procedures of the mission according to Action Against Hunger-Spain rules and the local law.
Objective 1: Mission Financial Management
· To follow the financial planning of the mission through the standard financial management tool (FMT) and update it on a monthly basis.
· Assure the monthly delivery of updates of monthly budget follow ups (BFU) to the coordination team, Head of Bases and administrative teams. Ensure the full involvement of all departments.
· Elaborate the budget for the proposals or reformulations of the signed contracts, as well as the financial reports of the missions, assuring the delivery on time to HQ for its submission to donors.
· Follow up and analysis of all Mission’s financial risks.
Objective 2: Mission Treasury and Accountancy Supervision
· Supervise and validate the monthly closing of the accountancy, following the controls defined in the “Contadoc” document of the mission and according to the established deadlines.
· Assure the respect of the administrative and financial procedures established by Action Against Hunger-Spain and the donors.
Objective 3: Administrative management of the mission
· Verify and control the respect of the expenditure authorization procedure.
· Represent the mission in front of the administrative representatives of other international and national organizations in-country.
Objective 4: Relationship with counterparts
· Supervise on a 3-month basis at least the partner’s invoices.
· Supervise the recording of transactions of partners in SAGA.
· Consolidate financial reports sent by partners.
Objective 5: Management of the mission Administrative and Finance teams
· Plan, develop and assure a correct team structure for the Finance department in the mission.
· Contribute to the draft and follow up of any individual action plan of the department.
· Identify the needs of training of the Finance team in coordination with HR department.
Objective 6: Human resources management
· Responsible for the fulfilment of the internal procedures in the selection of personnel and participation in the selection of administrative recurrent personnel, in the absence of a HR Coordinator
· To work on HR procedures and operative guidelines to guarantee the correct use of them
· Follow up of all legal obligations in terms of Labour Law in-country
· Higher education in management, economics or any related field.
· Profound knowledge of donor guidelines.
· Minimum 2 years previous experience in financial management and at least 1 year in the humanitarian sector.
· Experience in the preparation of budgets, financial reports, financial project follow up and audit reports.
· HR managerial skills
· English compulsory. Spanish a plus
· Windows domain. Compulsory proficient knowledge of Excel. Good command of MS Office. Experience with accounting programs. SAGA and/or Agresso.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
· Formal work contract: 6 months
· Base: Lilongwe
· Salary: from 1700€ to 2200€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger).
· Action Against Hunger- Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
· Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger-Spain)
· House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
· Travel costs to and from the mission.
· 25 working days of paid leave per year.
· Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
· Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
· Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger-Spain)
How to apply:
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe