Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 08 Mar 2017
Finance and Administration Manager, Assess the Learners (YESA) Activity, Malawi
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
MSI anticipates an upcoming proposal for a five-year project where the primary purpose will be create a multi-level monitoring and evaluation system for the National Reading Programme to assist the Government of Malawi’s (GoM’s) efforts to improve the reading skills of Malawian students nationwide. The following objectives will be the focal points: 1) National Reading Assessment instituted; 2) Universal school–level utilization of assessment strategies and techniques for reading instituted; 3) Community-level capacity for the performance and informed use of reading assessments instituted; and 4) Integration of reading assessments into National Reading.
MSI is seeking a long-term Finance and Administration Manager, with a solid track-record in leading finance and administrative functions of an international development projects. The position will oversee financial management and reporting, procurement, human resources for this project. This will include oversight of the project office.
- Provide overall leadership for the financial and administrative aspects of the project while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements and regulations and MSI policies and procedures.
- Establish and oversee financial systems in accordance with USAID and MSI requirements and international best practices.
- Lead budget planning and reporting.
- Work closely with partnering and subcontracting organizations to ensure rigorous financial and contract management.
- Develop and manage the project procurement system.
- Provide oversight of the human resources and recruitment function, including ensuring adherence to local laws.
- Supervise and liaise with security contractors and ensure adherence to USAID and MSI security requirements.
- Liaise with counterparts in the MSI home office on the full complement of financial and administrative functions.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance or a related subject required; Master’s degree or MBA is strongly preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years of international experience.
- Experience managing finance and administrative functions for an international development project required.
- Knowledge of relevant US federal regulations and procedures is preferred.
- English fluency required.
- Experienced Malawian candidates are preferred and strongly encouraged to apply.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe