Organization: Acción contra el Hambre España
Closing date: 21 Apr 2017
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Establish and ensure follow-up of the base’s logistics, provide a capacity building training and manage the security of the base.
Objective 1 : Manage the base’s logistics (According to the standards defined in Kitlog)
- Receive the purchase orders and keep their follow-up up to date
- Draw up a planning of the monthly purchases
- Keep the different departments informed of the treatment given to their orders
- Check the supplies (quality, price, procedure)
- Follow the management of stocks (storage conditions, report, expiry date)
- Check delivery to the departments, bases and programs
- Keep procurement archiving complete and organized
- Performs market assessments in the region and stablish procurement agreements with main suppliers
- Supervise allocation and use of equipment
- Ensure installation, maintenance et repairs of the equipment
- Update the equipment list of the base
- Supervise the management of the pool of vehicles: maintenance, daily planning, price fluctuations, administration (insurance, documents).
- Supervise the renovation and maintenance of structures needed for the functioning of the base (programs, offices, house, warehouse).
- Complete the setup and installation of Action Against Hunger base and office in Blantyre.
- Complete the procurement for needed equipment according to planning and projects budget.
- Establish Action Against Hunger basic logistics standards
- Collect and analyse the monthly logistics reports of the support logisticians including stock reports, cost of vehicles and activity report
- Compile and send the monthly report on logistics to the Logistics coordinator
Objective 2: Logistics Support to projects
- Logistical planning and organization of the different projects executed from the base
- Monitor and coordinate all logistics activities performed by local partner agencies and ensure compliance with donor procurement regulation and timely execution of activities.
- Organize and follow movements for staff from capital to the bases and from bases to the field.
Objective 3: Management the security of the base
- Collect information and analyze the context
- Establish and send the base’s security plan for approval by the Logistics coordinator
- Ensure application of the security rules and procedures
- Take responsibility for security of all the staffs present on the base.
Objective 4: Supervise the Logistics team
- Draw up a work plan
- Delegate the activities and check that they are carried out properly
- Organize training sessions
- Carry out appraisal interview
- Provide technical support to the team if necessary
- Logistics, Engineering or Management
- Knowledge of logistical aspects of technical humanitarian programs (WASH, FSL, & Shelter)
- Knowledge of security principles and standard operating procedures in a humanitarian context
- Knowledge of the Action Against Hunger logistical framework (Kit Log)
- Log experience in Action Against Hunger project implementation and management
- Experience in training, coaching and dealing with national staff
- Capacity to work autonomously but in close coordination with the line manager.
- English: COMPULSORY
- Compulsory high skills in MS Office tools (word and excel): all reporting done in excel
- Mobility required.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 5 months
- Base: Blantyre
- Salary: from 1375€ to 1750€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger).
- Action Against Hunger- Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger-Spain)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger-Spain)
How to apply:
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe