Public Relations Officer
The Tobacco Control Commission invites applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the vacant position of Public Relations Officer tenable at the Commission’s Head Office in Kanengo, Lilongwe.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Public Relations Officer is accountable to the Chief Executive Officer. The Public Relations Officer shall be responsible for timely collation and dissemination of accurate tobacco information to all stakeholders, and also serve as the Commissions’ Spokesperson
He or she is therefore expected to perform the following duties:
- Develop and formulate a corporate Communication Strategy for the Tobacco Control Commission
- Establish and maintain regular communication with stakeholders within Malawi 3
- Work towards the promotion and strengthening of linkages with government and relevant stakeholders
- Disseminate accurate, reliable and relevant information on tobacco production and marketing to stakeholders timely
- Lead the production of the Commission’s Annual Report.
- Serve as the Commission’s spokesperson on matter relating to the tobacco industry and effectively manage media relations.
- Continually monitor and analyse all ground breaking news items relating to tobacco both on the international and local scene.
- Prepare speeches for the Chairperson of the TCC Board of Directors, Government officials, and other relevant authorities in liaison with the Chief Executive Officer and Heads of departments.
- Facilitate implementation of the TCC Corporate Communication Strategy including its standardization and quality assurance.
- The desired candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Journalism, Marketing, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Humanities and Mass Communications, with at least 5 years experience in office management and/or public relations at a senior level in a busy corporate environment.
- Those in possession of a Diploma in any of the above disciplines but with considerable experience in Public Relations and/or Marketing may apply.
- An effective team player with a desire to understand TCC’s mandate and strategic plans.
- Must possess expertise in message development and materials production, design and formatting.
- Must have experience in editing corporate documents and news items and have the ability to develop press releases.
- Conscientious, thorough, systematic person with a high level of integrity.
- Open minded, diplomatic person with excellent communication as well as interpersonal skills, able to assimilate information quickly and accurately.
- Must be proficient in standard computer applications.
Submission of Applications
All applicants who meet the above stated criteria are invited to submit their applications addressed to the:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Tobacco Control Commission,
P.O. Box 40045
The applications must be clearly marked “Application for the Position of Public Relations Officer’ and must arrive not later than 21st February, 2017
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe