Carpenter in Malawi.
This position is located in the Consolidated Facilities Maintenance Section, US Mission, Lilongwe, Malawi. The primary purpose of this position is to perform carpentry projects involving Mission offices, warehouse and residences, repairs and renovations to buildings and minor repairs on offices and household furniture. Interprets construction drawings for renovations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines nature and extent of work to be done from supervisory instructions, work orders, and on-site examination of projects.
- Replaces parts when necessary by selecting appropriate materials and uses appropriate tools to perform and complete assignment.
- Performs office renovations and repair projects including planning, estimating of materials and performance of work.
- Builds shelves, cabinets, tables and other furniture using hand and power tools.
- Builds office partitions as requested.
- Insures safety and structural integrity of all work projects.
- Performs minor repairs on household and office furniture.
- Occasional driving of maintenance vehicles and any other duties as required.
Projects Manager in Malawi.
The Projects Manager reports to the Management Officer and oversees, manages and directs specialized programs aspects of facilities maintenance for the Embassy compound, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) / United States Agency for International Development (USAID) compound, Public Affairs Section (PAS) office at the Old Mutual Building, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) offices at Pamodzi Building, Peace Corps offices and residential properties, the warehouse compound, and over sixty Government Owned (GO) and Short-term leased (STL) residential properties. The incumbent is responsible for identifying, developing, coordinating and implementing environmental initiatives that are geared toward increasing energy efficiency, and reducing energy costs and the negative environmental impact of the Mission. The incumbent also serves as the Facilities Office Architect, responsible for providing Architectural services in the planning, designing and the implementation of maintenance projects for Lilongwe mission. The incumbent is responsible for New Embassy Compound (NEC) coordination and planning. The Projects Manager provides expertise in analyzing problems and determining solutions. The Projects Manager also monitors and advises the work of technical contractors, either acting as the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) or serving as the COR’s assistant.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe