To be based in Lilongwe
Deadline: (14th July, 2017)
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
Itâ€™s hard to believe that today over 663 million people still do not have clean, safe water and over 2.4 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute. WaterAidâ€™s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene.
WaterAid is looking for an experienced Field Coordinator to manage and coordinate a 5 Months Research Project for WaterAid (this is an Engineers position). The role will play a vital role in WaterAidâ€™s UPGRO Research Project activities supporting the Country Office in its mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the worldâ€™s poorest communities.
Reporting to the Head of Programme Quality Control and Assurance, the Field Coordinator will support the delivery of the research through direct oversight and coordination of field operations for Surveys of the Research component, including mobilization, building and relationship management with District authority, Well physical observations, dismantlement and installation of boreholes, pump testing, water quality analysis and reporting.
Specifically, the Field Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Community mobilization for field investigations in liaison with the District Water Officers (DWOâ€™s) and ensure communities expectations are well managed
- Providing technical oversight and guidance to the field team including pump testing processes
- Support researchers to conduct chemical, physical, and biological water quality sampling and analysis (as required)
- Field team supervision and demonstrating appropriate leadership values
- Logistical and financial management for all field operations including developing a maintenance plan for all equipment and ensure regular servicing
- Manage all field activities, document and produce reports.
To be successful, youâ€™ll need:
- A Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Environmental / Water / Irrigation Engineering obtained from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- Proven experience in managing field operations and working with communities and district local government Officials
- Hands-on experience in conducting pump testing, Water Quality Analysis, Pump Installation and dismantling (including fishing of dropped materials in the well)
- Knowledgeable in Construction Health & Safety rules
- Sound knowledge of rural Water sub-sector issues is desirable with proven ability to analyze (qualitative and quantitative) data.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and willing to spend a minimum of 90% of his/her time in remote areas in the field including over the weekends.
- Excellent Computer and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and thorough working style with commitment to producing high quality and accurate outputs.
- Flexibility to do extra assignments.
How to apply
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe