Position: Human Resource Manager: USAID EQUIP Malawi
Reporting to: General Manager- Human Resource
Main Purpose of Job : To ensure the effective management of Human Resources through Policies, Procedures, Information Systems and Support to both management and staff
Qualifications and experience required:
- 8 years experience in HR management.
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management
- Knowledge of Contemporary HR practice and compliance
- Good understanding and able to interpret the Malawian Labour Laws.
- Must be member of Malawian Institute of Human Resource Management
Key Performance Areas amongst others include:
Policy Development and Training :
- Initiate policy formulation in respect of HR practices
- Monitor HR policies against the labour legislation and initiate amendments
- Provide guidelines and or in-service training to all line Managers
- Initiate HR audits on all files periodically to ensure sound practices are followed.
- Provide guidelines and training where necessary with regards to effective recruitment and selection
- Recommend suitable employment and advertising agencies in terms of the fee structure, field of recruitment, guarantee period and professionalism
- Assist with appointment of all personnel i.e. job specifications, job descriptions, short listing, interviews, employment contracts and rejections.
- Decides on best recruitment methods considering costs, seniority of position etcetera.
- Sets selection criteria with relevant line management
- Provide assistance with regards to job structuring and staff establishments
- Provide guidelines regarding performance management process
Job evaluation and grading:
- Provide guidelines and assistance with regards to job descriptions
- Be responsible for the Company’s participation in an appropriate salary survey
- Attend job grading meetings
- Networking with HR practitioners outside the Company and more specifically those in health services
- Gather relevant information from journals and articles
- Obtain approval to implement research recommendations
Employee benefits and remuneration:
- Liaises with pension fund administrators regarding withdrawals, death in service and rule amendments
- Identify problem areas and give inputs on existing remuneration measures in a scientifically structured manner or point out the necessity for payment of additional remuneration.
- Participate in the process for annual salary reviews
Human Resources Information systems:
- Identify relevant information to be captured
- Ensure organisation set up correlates with the approved staff establishment
- Initiate HR audits at facilities in order to ensure effective information systems are in place
- Generate reports in terms of employment equity, succession planning, labour turnover, establishment control, training etcetera.
Management of HR department:
- Sets objectives, plans activities, coordinates and leads own staff
- Approves appointments and makes recommendations regarding promotion of HR staff.
- Conducts annual performance reviews of HR staff in line with standards set on job descriptions.
- Establishes training and development needs of staff and implements
- Attends and participates in HR meetings
- Provide advisory service to all line managers and Heads of Departments on handling discipline\ grievance
- Represent in areas of jurisdiction
- Allocate cases to line managers
HR policies and procedures:
- Draw policies and amend existing ones where necessary
- Facilitate implementation
- Amend procedures where necessary
- Facilitate formation of consultative forums
- Consult with consultative forums on retrenchment exercises
- Assist management with redeployment exercises
In house training:
- Compile skills matrices per job family
- Co-ordinate training
- Provide individual coaching and advise where necessary
- Effective execution of full payroll management
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant payroll legislation
Technical skills and behavioural competencies:
- Problem solving,
- Manage projects,
- Communicate effectively,
- Be ethical and manage time
- Ability to adapt to the environment
- Team worker, Dedicated and reliable
- Preference will be given to Malawian Nationals
This also confirms that by applying for the above mentioned position you consent to Right to Care conducting qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks which form part of our recruitment process.
Closing Date: 30 August 2016
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Qualifications and ID Copy by: Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization. Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org