The Department of National Registration Bureau under the Ministry of Home Affairs and Internal Security invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of
Systems Analyst (Grade I) (Non- Established).
Position Location: National Registration Bureau
The Systems Analyst will be responsible for smooth operation of the ICT infrastructure, Identification System, Civil Registration, databases and website. The officer will be required to maintain the communication infrastructure in close coordination with the e-Government Unit overseeing the Government Wide Area Network (GWAN). The officer will also report any breakages on the central production, and registration equipment for maintenance. He/she will ensure that all hardware and software are monitored for any errors or possible issues, which may disrupt the daily activities of the NRB on the operational side, as well as the administrative side.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Update all Computers and Servers with the latest Service Packs and Software Patches or Hot Fixes Log all changes to information against the logged on user with a full history and audit trail
- Protect the National Registration and Identification System from viruses and intruders.
- Provide support to field staff on biometric capturing and trouble-shooting; Implement Government ICT Policies Analyse, design, test, evaluate and implement new and existing systems
- Maintain existing systems Supervise Subordinates
Required Qualification and experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in either Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science or related field from recognized institutions.
- Those with relevant experience in Microsoft Visual Studio, preferably Visual Studio 2013; preferably Ms SQL 2008; Web based systems preferably ASP. Net (ASPX) will have an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in ICT infrastructure and applications development.
Those interested should send their application including a detailed CV and a covering letter explaining their suitability for the post as well as names of three traceable referees to:
The Secretary for Home Affairs and Internal Security,
Department of National Registration Bureau,
Attention: Human Resource Section
The closing date for receiving applications is 17th March, 2017. Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledge.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe