Applications are invited from suitably qualified Malawians, Civil Servants or non-civil servants as the case may be depending on the requirements of the post, for the vacancies listed below existing in the Civil Service.
Ministry of Transport: Vac. 23/17
Post: Assistant Surveyor of Vessels (Grade K)
Salary: Within the Grade K salary scale segment
- Applicants should be in possession of an Advanced Diploma in Marine Engineering or Nautical Studies with Class III Certificate of Competency in Marine Engineering or Nautical Studies obtained from recognised institutions.
- Register and issue licences to passenger/cargo vessel of less than 20 MT;
- Conduct annual and spot survey and inspections and issue surveyorâ€™s certificate of seaworthiness of vessels of less than 20MT;
- Assist vessel owner with technical advice pertaining to vessel designs,
- Repair maintenance and operation, etc. (44(g)/17)
Documentary evidence of major requirements specified in the advertisement shall be needed during interviews. Serving officers will also be required to demonstrate during the interviews that they are permanent and pensionable officers in the Civil Service by producing letters of confirmation in appointment in addition to letters of appointment (PSR 19).
Applicants for the vacancies should submit their applications together with copies of relevant Certificates and Curriculum Vitae to:
Civil Service Commission,
P.O. Box 30133,
To reach him not later than Monday, 29th May, 2017.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe