ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered non-governmental organisation affiliated to the federation of ActionAid International, an anti-poverty agency working in over 45 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty and injustice together.
ActionAid works in partnership with communities, community based organizations, civil society, social movements, and governments, across the world to fight and eradicate poverty, injustice and exclusion. We work with and support poor and excluded people in the struggle to demand and claim their rights. ActionAid’s work is focused around women’s rights, right to education, climate resilience & sustainable agriculture, just and democratic governance, and HIV and AIDS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Fundraising Officer as follows:
JOB TITLE: Fundraising Officer
REPORTING TO: Head of Fundraising and Communication
The holder of the position shall be responsible for effective implementation of the Resource Mobilization strategy to maximize ActionAid’s income. The individual will support the identification of project funding and the development of project proposals, in line with AAM strategic objectives and Resource Mobilization Strategy. S/he facilitates the development and maintenance of partnerships; Projects fundraising with a diverse range of funding agencies like AAI affiliates for Projects, foundations, trusts, and individuals, corporate, bilateral and multilateral donors. She/he will be reporting to the Head of Fundraising & Communications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitates implementation of ActionAid Resource Mobilisation strategy in line with CSP strategic objectives, local and international priorities.
- Carry out donor intelligence/scoping and identification of new donors and explores and identifies potential funding opportunities
- Develops and enhances staff and partner capacity in fundraising and contract management
- Provides support on all donor funded projects and manage donor contracts in line with ActionAid International and donor/supporter requirements
- Works jointly with the Programmes team to influence donors on their funding approaches, quality and quantity of aid towards development in Malawi
- Supports/Coordinates national and regional programme teams in developing concept notes and Funding proposals.
- Work with programme staff to establish and manage consortium partnerships with like-minded civil society organisations and private sector consultancy firms as appropriate to leverage ActionAid’s chances of success in competitive calls for proposals and tender bids
- Prepare a report summarising AAM’s current levels of preparedness to respond to existing opportunities. Report to include: Mapping of past experiences, active partnerships and other relevant activities; Recommendations as to how AAM can improve funding prospects from these sources, given current policy, budget and staffing realities.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- A minimum qualification of Bachelors’ Degree
- Experience in Fundraising, Proposal development and Partnership development from a reputable organization
- Good contacts and relationships with Donors, Civil Society, Media, NGOs, Government and movements.
- A strong working knowledge of a wide range of fundraising methods including appeals, community, corporate and trusts
- Strong understanding of the mechanics of institutional and high value fundraising
- A sound understanding of social marketing within the not-for-profit sector
- Ability to inspire donors, supporters, partners and staff
- Excellent command of oral and written English and ability to communicate complicated or technical information to range of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, demonstrable record of accomplishment of interacting with and influencing range of internal and external contacts at all levels.
- A creative, innovative and forward thinker
- Good, planning and prioritization skills coupled with ability to influence and negotiate,
- High degree of integrity, dependability and confidentiality;
- High level of IT proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, and e-mail
Applications should be sent with a CV, motivation letter and must contain names and contact details of at least three (3) traceable referees as follows:
Fundraising Officer Position to
with Fundraising Office as subject of the email no later than 22nd February 2017.
All applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits and qualified women are
especially encouraged to apply.
especially encouraged to apply.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe