Construction Technicians (6 Positions – Multiple Locations)
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest private aid organizations in Germany. It provides aid from a singe source. From rapid disaster relief to reconstruction and long-term development cooperation projects with local partner organizations, based on the principle of help for self-help. Since its establishment in 1962, more than 8,120 overseas projects in 70 countries have been supported -for a world without hunger and poverty.
DONOR APPROVAL PENDING- (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
Construction Technicians (6 positions to be based in Kasungu, NKhotakota, Nkhata-Bay. Mzimba, Karonga and Chitipa)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure construction work meet national and international construction quality standards, and enforcing codes.
- Scheduling the completion goals for subcontractors and delivery dates of the works, and certify their quality_
- Planning and coordination of the building construction implementation with Head of Project;
- Planning and coordination of the distribution of construction materials and equipment to schools,
- Conducting professional quantity and quality supervision over the contractors on building works:
- Ensure quality and clear instructions to contractor
- Ensure the timely reporting, daily ledger, communication and problem solving is in place;
- Review and approve the contractors’ bills of quantity (BoQ)
- Communicate and coordinate with field officers for smooth implementation of the construction works.
- Preparation of regular reports about the work progress and on-site developments.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of Project
- Technician Diploma, City and Guilds, or Diploma from a recognised University in any of the following; Civil Engineering any other related construction field plus 3 years’ experience in similar field. Those with Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering will have an added advantage.
- Clean and valid driving license for motorcycle is a must.
Requirements and work attitude to be proven and met by all aspiring candidates:
- Ethical, high level of integrity, handling resources in the most cost effective and responsible and respectful manner and zero tolerance to corruption of any kind
- The position holder should work in a client and team oriented manner and adhere to standards as described in the “Welthungerhilfe” code of conduct and policies
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight in various programme locations throughout the country.
Candidates should state how much they are expecting as a net salary (excluding MASM, pension and allowances).
We offer you the opportunity of working in an extremely committed team, and a range of duties involving a high degree of responsibility; additionally. Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer therefore women are encouraged to apply.
Applications – composed of a cover letter, an up-to-date CV, and at-least 3 reachable referees for the last three employers where the candidate worked for more than one year (referees strictly for professional superiors only not friends) should be submitted to the following email or mail addresses:
The Country Representative,
Likuni Road Plot 029A
P.O Box 0421A
Closing date for receiving applications: 28th March 2017,16:00hrs. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe