The Malawi Tourism Council is a Trust registered under the Trustees Act of the laws of Malawi. It is the private sector representative of the tourism industry in Malawi and provides the link between the private sector and the government in promoting the interests of the sector on one hand. and a forum for dialogue between the sub-sectors of the tourism industry on the other. The Malawi Tourism Council is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the vacant post of Executive Director. The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of the Council and is responsible for overseeing and conducting the day to day operations of the Council under the direction and supervision of the Executive Committee. The successful candidate shall give guidance on policy, strategy and development of the Councilâ€™s programs and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
As outlined in the detailed TORs and KARs summarised as follows:
- The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Malawi Tourism Councilâ€™s operational and administrative functions. Working under the guidance of the Malawi Tourism council Board, the Executive Director defines the. institutionâ€™s strategic vision, and is accountable for its implementation and the results achieved.
- The Executive Director maintains strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders that are important collaborators in the Malawi Tourism Councils efforts.
- The Executive Director has the responsibility and accountability to set the tone for the Malawi Tourism Council Secretariatâ€™s internal and external interactions by exemplifying values of high ethical standards, integrity, and fairness. She/he must act in the best interests of the Malawi Tourism Council in all contexts, and is responsible for ensuring this culture prevails across the organizationâ€™s employees and contractors.
- The Executive Director reports to the Malawi Tourism Council Board. Working closely with the leadership of the Malawi Tourism Council Board and its standing committees, and with the Office of the Director of Tourism in Malawi, the Executive Directorâ€™s primary responsibilities are as set out below.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- At least a Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Social Science, Economics, Tourism, Business Administration or Marketing
- Minimum of five years experience working at a senior position in the tourism industry, preferably in marketing.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter requiring minimum or no supervision.
An attractive salary will negotiated with the successful candidate.
Applications, including a detailed CV and names of three contactable referees, should be sent to:
Malawi Tourism Council,
P.O. Box 1044,
to reach him not later than 28th March, 2017.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe