The Malawi Red Cross Society (MRCS) is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). In Malawi, it is established by an Act of Parliament. It focuses on providing Humanitarian services to vulnerable populations.
MRCS under its Health Deportment is implementing the following projects with support from Swiss Red Cross (M)
- Integrated Community Based Health in Mzimba and Salima districts:
- Blood Donor Recruitment Project in Blantyre and Lilongwe districts in partnership with Malawi Blood Transfusion Service
Therefore, MRCS is urgently seeking to engage the services of a suitably qualified, motivated, capable and experienced individual(s) with the following values. Respect for Diversity, Integrity, professionalism, accountability to fill the following vacant position:
Place of Work: Blantyre; Blood Donor Mobilization Project.
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the District Blood Donor Mobilization Officer and responsible to the MRCS Transport and Maintenance Officer, the driver is to be managing and driving effectively with care and diligence the Malawi Red Cross Society, Project vehicle for the implementation of its activities.
Specific duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Apply knowledge of driving skills in urban and rural terrain and difficult situation such as inclement weather conditions and heavy traffic.
- Drive staff, partners and consultants.
- Responsible for daily maintenance and cleaning of vehicle and report any fault to the Transport and Maintenance Officer.
- Safe keeping of all motor vehicle records (log book) recorded at all times and any other related document.
- Adheres to rules and regulations applicable to MRCS vehicle operations and to Road Traffic regulations.
Qualifications and Education
- Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent; and a holder of a valid SADC Driving License of code D1, C or above; and those with Defensive Driving Certificate will have added advantage.
- At least hive Years working in a busy environment.
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications, enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names of three traceable referees, day telephone and e-mail address to:
The Acting Secretary General,
Malawi Red Cross Society,
P.O. Box 30096,
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 5th May, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe