District Project Officer (2 Posts – Lilongwe, Mzimba)
The Malawi Red Cross Society (MRCS) is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). In Malawi, it is established by an Act of Parliament. It focuses on providing Humanitarian services to vulnerable populations.
MRCS under its Health Deportment is implementing the following projects with support from Swiss Red Cross (M)
- Integrated Community Based Health in Mzimba and Salima districts:
- Blood Donor Recruitment Project in Blantyre and Lilongwe districts in partnership with Malawi Blood Transfusion Service
Therefore, MRCS is urgently seeking to engage the services of a suitably qualified, motivated, capable and experienced individual(s) with the following values. Respect for Diversity, Integrity, professionalism, accountability to fill the following vacant positions,
District Project Officer (DPO) 2 Posts
Place of work. Lilongwe for Blood Recruitment Project and Mzimba for Integrated Community Based Health Project.
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the District Project Officer provides overall co-ordination of the Integrated Community Based Health Project at district level in liaison with district stakeholders; and support efficiency of blood donor recruitment, collection improvement and access to increased safe blood in partnership with Malawi Blood Transfusion Service.
The Key Responsibilities and Duties
Specifically, the activities to be carried out shall include but not limited to the following:
- The District Project Officer is responsible for initiating, managing and implementation of successful project that focus on efficiency blood donor recruitment/integrated community based health project
- Developing annual district operation plans and consolidating annual implementation plans.
- Monitoring programme development and determining strategic opportunities at District levels, coordinating closely with the MRCS Blood manager, Field Staff, Malawi Blood Transfusion Service and other stakeholders
- Developing district programme budgets together with the District Accountants as per Swiss Red Cross requirements and consolidate an overall district budget.
- Ensuring that programme funds are being used in the most efficient and appropriate manner in line with programme action plans and financial management procedures.
- Liaising / collaborating with government officers relevant to programme activities at District level.
- Supervising volunteers, project staff and prof Working closely with community development committees, government, district and representatives of other NGOs within the project area.
- Supervising and providing technical and moral support to subordinates and volunteers.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors Degree in Health and other related fields
- 3 years’ experience in similar positions
- Skills in computer, Microsoft excel, Word and Internet is essential.
- Programme Financial Management.
- Experience in project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Analytical with good communication and report writing skills.
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications, enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), and names of three traceable referees, day telephone and e-mail address to:
The Acting Secretary General,
Malawi Red Cross Society,
P.O. Box 30096,
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 5th May, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe