|mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based global health not-for-profit organisation committed to eliminating the transmission of HIV from mothers to babies, and creating healthy futures for mothers, their families, and communities. m2m’s peer-based Mentor Mother model has proven effective in improving the health of women and their children, reducing mother-to-child HIV transmission rates, and generating significant savings on HIV treatment costs, while empowering HIV-positive women through training and employment. Since its founding almost 15 years ago, Mentor Mothers have reached more than 1.3 million HIV-positive mothers in nine countries in sub-Saharan Africa. The m2m model has been identified as a key strategy in the United Nations Global Plan to eliminate pediatric AIDS and promote healthy motherhood. Join us by visitingwww.m2m.org or follow us @m2mtweets
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead the development, implementation and review of country strategy and operational plans aligned to the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Represent m2m with international, national, and regional stakeholders, partners, government, and donors in promotion of the organisation’s strategic objectives, ensuring m2m’s active involvement in key national processes. Manage relationships with donors and serve as the liaison to senior leaders in partner organisations.
- Build partnerships and generate financial commitments to sustain and expand m2m’s programming.
- Ensure the timely submission of high quality donor reports, record-keeping, and compliance to all relevant donor requirements.
- Ensure the effective use of financial resources at all levels
- Hold responsibility for corporate governance for m2m Malawi
- Manage ongoing expansion of current m2m programming and the continuous quality improvement of existing programme services through programmatic assessment and evaluation.
- Facilitate the employment, development, and performance management of in-country staff with the support of the Malawi senior management team, promoting teamwork and the values, mission, vision and culture of m2m at all levels
- Build, maintain and manage effective and efficient organisational operating systems
Qualifications and experience:
- Masters’ degree in public health, international development, management, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in public health management
- Programming experience and technical competence in HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RMNCH and/or ECD
- At least 3 years in a management position, supervising senior staff, in an international or intercultural environment at the national / country level
- Demonstrated success in organizational representation, fund development, donor and partner relationship management
- Familiarity with public health, MOH and the donor and national leadership context, systems and processes in Malawi
- Fluency in English essential
- Advanced skills in leadership, strategic and analytical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making and negotiation
- Demonstrated excellent writing ability and Strong financial management skills
- Determination, resourcefulness and high level of computer literacy (MS Office Suite)