Nkhoma CCAP Synod Health Department invites applications from qualified and well experienced applicants for the position of College Principal (Grade F) tenable at Nkhoma College of Nursing. This position is offered on a 3 Year Contract renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- Develops and implements the curriculum from the syllabus.
- Acts as a consultant/facilitator in curriculum development and implementation for the conversion or upgrading programmes.
- Implements training policies in conformity with the Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi.
- Develops a philosophy basing on principles and values of the society, health, nursing and nursing education
- Participates in class room lecturing and clinical teaching.
- Participates in setting and marking college examinations.
- Represents the College in stakeholder meetings.
- Liaises with regional and national bodies on issues related to students.
- Liaises and updates parents/guardians of students on their progress whilst on training.
- Maintains highest nursing education expertise by commitment and adhere to principles and practice of nursing education.
- Enhances own professional and personal development and showing interest in research and current developments in nursing.
- Plan the selection, interview and recruitment schedules for the new students for the College.
- Participates in the selection, interview and recruitment of Tutors and Clinical Instructors.
- Guides and supervises all members of teaching staff under his/her directorship.
- Conducts performance appraisal of both academic and non-academic staff.
- Recommends on merit for further studies to the deserving members of staff
- Designs and implements short term training programmes within the college budget lines.
- Attends all management meetings applicable to his/her job description
- Works with consultants and communicates with key leaders of the community, city and country as the need requires.
- Implements health education policies in conformity with WHO strategic plans.
- Proposes and controls the training school budget.
- Directs and controls all documents of staff in the college establishment.
- Analyses the short, intermediate and long term goals for the college.
- He/she is expected to do other duties as assigned by the employer
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Masters in Nursing Education or its equivalent (health related).
- Those with PhD in Nursing will have an added advantage.
- Registered with Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in health related field including Administration with wide knowledge of national and international health policies and nursing education.
Applicants must be a Christian who will work together with the Chaplain in meeting the spiritual needs of both students and employees.
Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with an empowering and outcome oriented approach. Ensures smooth running of the college by working in harmony with service area.
Strong budgetary and financial management skills, and must have interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgement.
The applicants should not be more than 50 years old.
Note: Applicants should be conversant with the teachings and traditions of CCAP Nkhoma Synod
Applications should be submitted together with detailed Curriculum Vitae which include names and contacts of at least three traceable referees and applicant’s current working phone numbers. These should be sent to the following address by close of business on 30th May, 2017.
The Health Coordinator
Nkhoma CCAP Synod Office
P.O. Box 45
Applications should also be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org