Administrative / Finance Assistant (10 Positions – Multiple Districts)
FAO is a member of the United Nations and does not charge any fees or require personal banking details at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training or any other fees).
Administrative / Finance Assistant (10 Positions) National Project Personnel Contract
Job Grade: SB 3
12 months (with possibility of renewal)
Duty Station: Chitipa, Karonga, NkhataBay, Mzimba, Kasungu, Nkhotakota, Salima, Chiradzulu, Thyolo and Mulanje
The Administrative / Finance Assistant performs a large variety of routine administrative / administrative transactions and office support functions contributing to the smooth and efficient running of the work unit.
Under the overall supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration) and direct supervision of District Coordinator, the Administrative/ Finance Assistant acts independently in routine matters.
Supervision received is focused on the quality of the work performed and provides for on-the-job learning.
The Administrative / Finance Assistant usually interacts with a wide variety of colleagues within the work unit and with immediate clients within the Organization, providing routine administrative and office support services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieve, enter, select and analyse data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems and data bases; verify accuracy of data documents; make necessary calculations;
- Reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data; assist in the preparation of recurring and special reports by preparing and editing data in appropriate format as requested;
- Monitor project, programme and general office accounts;
- Maintain detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances; record receipts and disbursements (ledgers, cash books, vouchers, etc.);Prepare routine correspondence of administrative nature; draft correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters, as required;
- Maintain local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard;
- Support the administration of personnel and equipment;Prepare workshops’ budgets: – budgets prepared and sent for approval timely and make follow ups for funding;
- Prepare Project Status/Accounts records and reports regularly: – minimize over expenditures;
- File documents electronically and manually related to the project .i.e. procurement, meetings, workshops, payment vouchers: -ensures easy access to records;
- Maintain, update and transmit inventory records of expendable and non-expendable equipment;
- Responsible for all logistics arrangements of the project and field activities;
- Provide guidance to drivers on office procedures: – driver conversant with organization procedures;
- Monitor vehicle/fuel usage: – vehicle used for official activities, fuel reconciled against mileage covered;
- Maintain office up keep/equipment: – maintain office tidiness, request for cleaning materials and service for office equipment timely;
- Assist incoming mission and help them settle and outgoing mission help them with all relevant information concerning their departure: – arranges transport for pick-ups and drop-offs of the mission at the airport in good time to reduce delays;
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements efficiently: – improved reception for implementing partners;
- Prepare travel authorization forms for approval: – done timely and routed promptly for approval;
- Take minutes during meetings and circulate: – meetings venue arranged, communication made to invited participants and accurate minutes taken and circulated timely;
- Manages petty cash for the field local;
- Perform other related duties as required.
|KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS|
|Expected Outputs:||Required Completion Period|
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – candidates will be assessed against the following
Education: Diploma in Accounting, Administration or an executive Secretarial diploma.
Experience: Three years (3) of experience in administrative / finance and office support work.
Language: Good command of English Language and excellent communication in the language of the duty station.
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
- Good knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / Human Resources systems and administrative procedures and policies
- Good knowledge of the organizational structure
Closing date for applications is 7th April 2017. Applications received after the closing date will be disregarded. FAO is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Expressions of interest and CVs clearly marked “Administrative / Finance Assistant” should be submitted to:
The FAO Recruitment Office
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, P O Box 30750
Lilongwe 3, Malawi
Or by email to:
FAO is a smoke free environment
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe