Applications are invited from suitably qualified and highly motivated individuals to the position of Sourcing Specialist available in our Operations Department tenable in Lilongwe.
Reporting to the Manager: Procurement, the successful candidate will among other duties be expected to define and formalise the category plan for the commodities managed: Execute the sourcing process including supplier identification, negotiation and supplier selection and deliver sourcing results to contribute to saving targets while ensuring that the Service Level Agreements (SLAâ€™s) with the business are being met. KEY
Executing sourcing process
- Analyzing, identifying and recommending a Go to Market Strategy for sourcing events (risk and value driven).
- The ability to search for potential suppliers within the preferred supplier lists. and identifying additional suppliers through market analysis.
- Ensuring a thorough understanding of the commodities, and the available suppliers in the market and the competitive behaviors.
- Conducting negotiations. supplier selection and determine commercial terms and conditions.
- Drafting and executing of the Commodity Strategy.
- Following-up on technical evaluations with internal stakeholders to ensure timeliness of RFX process.
- Facilitating and managing queries and issues relating to the execution of sourcing.
- Escalating queries and issues to appropriate stakeholders according to engagement models.
- Accountable for the vendor contracting process. including amendments. service requests and addendums and work orders.
- Assisting in the management and tracking of benefit realization, value leakage prevention and issue management, relationship and performance management (post-contract)
- Conducting an efficient and effective analysis, reporting and cost reduction process:
- Performing cube analysis on all commodities being managed.
- Developing a cost savings model with the relevant sourcing portfolios and ensuring that cost reduction is the key driver in the commodities being managed.
- Ensuring that a substantial amount of procurement spends is channeled to companies in the local market.
- Ensuring that exchange rate fluctuations risks are adequately mitigated.
- Ensuring an adherence to proper policies and procedures of Standard Bank Group.
- Performing trend analysis of buying patterns and analyzing sourcing reports produced from spend analytics.
- Ensuring efficient and effective stakeholder engagement
- Proactively developing relationships with key external stakeholders including key suppliers to ensure Standard Bank receives appropriate co-operation when required
- Building and developing relationships across the bank with various stakeholders with the intention of breaking down silos to maximize business growth
- Ensuring an effective and efficient category management process
- Developing a category approach by analyzing category data and reviews with stakeholders.
- Managing implementation of the Category Strategy including the coordination of projects and stakeholders.
- Conducting market research monitoring category indices and market changes.
- Managing contract changes and negotiations in line with the category strategy.
- Developing and managing category demand plans,
- Monitoring and managing category purchasing compliance.
- Providing input into category purchasing process where required.
- Managing category buying through the purchasing area
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- A Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) professional qualification.
- At least five yearsâ€™ experience in procurement processes and components. those with experience in administering departmental processes in a banking environment will have an added advantage.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the post of Support Officer, Peripheral Systems which is available in our Information Technology Department at Head Office in Lilongwe. Reporting to the Specialist, Payments & Peripherals; the Support Officer, Peripheral Systems shall provide first level user support across all peripherals at both Branch and Head Office level to ensure that the relevant systems are functioning at maximum efficiency as per Service Level Agreement requirements. The role is also responsible for carrying out tests and implementing change requests.
- Providing first line support on banking and peripheral systems to the branch network and Head Office as per timelines set within the Service Level Agreements.
- Reviewing fault/incident logs to ascertain and address all peripherals related issues.
- Providing after-hours support in line with Service Level Agreements to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring that all faults/incidents are resolved within agreed SLAs and escalating high impact issues to the Specialist, Payments & Peripherals.
- Monitoring performance of peripheral systems in the network and escalating high impact issues to Specialist, Payments & Peripherals.
- Conducting tests on changes on the test environment as assigned before implementing on LIVE systems.
- Implementing change requests and new application systems within the branch network and Head Office as per best practices and Group standards.
- Ensuring delivery of results in relation to the project guidelines assigned.
- Carrying out investigations on databases and applications as assigned by the Application Support Specialist.
- Carrying out Month End / Year End test runs as assigned by the Specialist, Payments & Peripherals.
- Implementing security controls on systems as per set guidelines.
- Conducting periodic checks on the installed peripheral systems and produce reports as directed.
- Identifying shortcomings on the bankâ€™s application systems and provide solutions to improve or rectify them according to business requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES:
- A Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields
- Certification/Active Membership of a professional organisation will be an added advantage.
- Technically competent with knowledge of systems management, development and implementation methods and Applications Support.
- At least one year experience in any of the following areas: IT security, Infrastructure, Technical, Systems Administration, Applications support, Electronic Banking/Channels Support, Programming, Database Administration, Systems Analysis.
- Banking/financial industry experience would be an added advantage.
Result orientation, problem solving. self-motivated. good interpersonal and communication skills. conflict management, customer and client focused.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae to:
Head of Human Capital, Standard Bank Limited, P.O. Box 30380, Lilongwe 3.
The closing date for receiving applications is 07th July. 2017. Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe