CDH Investment Bank is licensed under the Banking Act by the Reserve Bank of Malawi to provide full banking services. The bank opened for business on 2nd April 2012 and has banking centres in Blantyre and Lilongwe. Being part of Continental Holdings Limited which is a vibrant financial services group, CDH Investment Bank is a unique formation in the financial services sector as it is designed to provide unique banking solutions in Malawi. In this regard, CDH Investment Bank requires highly skilled, motivated and innovative people that will fit the corporate ambitions of a highly creative and innovative bank.
The bank, therefore, invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the following positions in the bankâ€™s Investment banking division. The positions are tenable in Blantyre.
Transaction Analyst (2 Positions)
Transaction Analysts provide support in the development of comprehensive investment banking and financial advisory strategies and their execution. They are part of professional teams who provide advisory services to companies, institutions and government in mergers and acquisitions, debt capital markets and equity market, corporate financial advisory, project financing, structured trade finance of a long term nature. They also build and manage local and international banking/funder relationships which are critical to closing investment banking transactions.
- Lead in all general financial and economic analysis at transaction level
- Develop and maintain up to date research on key market dynamics which is a critical input into identifying and completing investment banking transactions.
- Identify project finance, international trade finance and financial advisory opportunities
- Lead in executing investment banking transactions from start to closure.
- Build and maintain good relationships with issuers and off takers of issues
- Demonstrate leadership in specific deal compliance on a transaction by transaction basis
- Apply financial models and structures to simulate possible deal outcomes which will be backed with a deep understanding of the industry concerned
- Assess and document deals for desirability and approval
- Execute both own sourced transactions as well as all structured project and trade finance transactions in the bank
- Manage advisory and banking relationships.
- Mature, articulate and responsible individual who can work with minimum supervision
- Extensive knowledge of modern investment banking practices
- A professional of good standing and a highly disciplined individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Must possess excellent communication and inter- personal skills.
- Must be a motivated self-starter, dynamic and a fast learner.
Qualification and experience
- Minimum of a professional Accounting qualification and/or post graduate qualification in Economics, Finance or equivalent. Those with CIMA or CFA qualification will have added advantage.
- At least 5-yearsâ€™ experience in a treasury, banking or finance environment
- A good knowledge of the Malawi financial markets will be a big plus
- A highly motivated self-starter who pays attention to detail
- Must be highly numerate in financial calculations of various products.
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees should be sent to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director,
CDH Investment Bank,
CDH House 5 Independence Drive
P.O Box 1444
Closing date for receiving applications is 5th May, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe