ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered non-governmental organisation under the Companyâ€™s Act 1984 as a company limited by guarantee and is affiliated to ActionAid International, a federation of national organization working in over 45 countries in Africa, Asia, America and Europe regions. ActionAid Is a global justice Federation working to achieve social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication. ActionAld works to strengthen the capacity and active agency of people living In poverty and exclusion, especially women, to assert their rights. We work directly with communities, with peopleâ€™s organisations, womenâ€™s movements, groups and networks, social movements and other allies to overcome the structural causes and consequences of poverty and Injustice. We connect the work we do at community level with broader efforts and struggles for justice at every level to make the greatest contribution towards a just, equitable and sustainable world.
ActionAid with support from UNICEF Is implementing a project entitled Collective Action to End Violence Against Children.
Applications are therefore Invited from suitably qualified candidates for the positions of Project Officer for this project as follows:
JOB TITLE: Project Officer
No.OF POSITIONS: 3
LOCATION: Nkhatabay, Mzimba and Machinga
REPORTING To: Regional &Thematic Manager-Education & Youth
DURATION: 12 Months
The holder of the position shall be responsible for planning, coordinating and spearheading Implementation of the activities of the Collective Action to Violence Against Children project In conjunction with the Government Departments at District Council level and other key stakeholders in the project.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate all the project activities in the schools and surrounding communities in the district
- Work closely with schools to strengthen student councils and Reflection â€“Action circles.
- Collaborate with government structures in the districts to ensure delivery of the project in accordance with the project objectives and the activity plan.
- Coordinate child protection activities with the Malawi Police Service, Judiciary, Ministry of Education and Department of Social Welfare.
- Coordinate stakeholder review meetings in the district.
- Ensure timely implementation of activities In collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Monitor progress of implementation and evaluate impact accordingly.
- Produce monthly and quarterly programme and financial reports.
- Gather, review and finalize plans and budgets of the programme, in line with donor requirements.
- Gather data, review, update the program result matrix and compile narrative and financial program reports according to agreed formats and intervals (periods) and report timely to the donor.
- Document lessons, best practices and stories of change and facilitate shared learning within the organisation, with the donor, the Ministries of Education and Gender and other key stakeholders in the project.
- Develop the final project report which clearly highlights the impact of the project
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Development Studies, Education, Social studies or equivalent.
- At least 4 yearsâ€™ experience working on violence against children preferably in a Civil Society Organisation.
- Experience of working on gender related projects and in particular on girlsâ€™ education.
- Experience of working on child protection
- Knowledge of the human rights-based approach program design, implementation and management.
- Knowledge and skills in target setting, project management and monitoring and evaluation.
- Passionate, self-driven, self-motivated about childrenâ€™s rights
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and a good communicator.
- Be prepared to travel frequently to the project districts.
Applications should be sent with a CV, cover letter and must contain names and contact details of at least three (3) traceable referees to email@example.com with Project Officer for Collective Action to End Violence Against Children as subject of the email no later than 20th June 2017
All applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits and qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe