ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 45 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty and injustice together ActionAid Malawi has been working in Malawi since 1991 and is an affiliate of ActionAid International, a federation of national organizations working in over 45 countries in Africa, Asia, Americas and Europe regions. ActionAid works in partnership with communities, community based organizations, civil society, social movements, and governments, across the world to fight and eradicate poverty, injustice and exclusion. We work with and support poor and excluded people in the struggle to demand and claim their rights ActionAidâ€™s work is focused around womenâ€™s rights, rights to education, food security, just and democratic governance, human security and in HIV/ AIDS.
ActionAid Malawi launched its fourth Country Strategy Paper â€œPeopleâ€™s Actions to a Poverty-free Malawiâ€� that will be implemented up to 2017 The strategy has necessitated creation of new position key for the effective implementation of the strategy.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position tenable in Lilongwe:
The Finance Managersâ€™ position reports to the Head of Finance and will be responsible for the financial management and ensuring the program delivers on its financial requirements. The Finance Manager will be responsible for liaising with the donors or their representatives on all Finance related inquiries and issues The position holder will be responsible to work with SRs on donor financial terminology and requirements in budgeting, reporting and compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages liquidity of the organisation by monitoring, advising on cash and bank balances held by the organization and coordinating transfer of funds according to cash flow.
- Provides financial analysis for programme and support functions.
- Review audit reports and develop response plans and monitors implementation of the plan in line with audit recommendations.
- Prepares annual budgets for the program and help in consolidating the Country Programme budgets.
- Prepares monthly program Management Accounts and variance reports
- Maintain financial Information system by checking accuracy, completeness and validity of financial data before posting into SUN.
- Reconciles inter-agency recharges.
- Provides support in reinforcement of internal controls.
- Supervises the finance team and provides technical support to the Head of Finance.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Accounting / Finance and be Chartered Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CPA) or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years post-qualification Accounting/Finance experience in private, public or civil society sectors.
- Demonstrable competence in providing support in all aspects of Finance, decision making, and performance-orientation
- A person who takes initiative and is highly adaptable
- Practical knowledge of using computer packages
- Knowledge of computer-based accounting packages such as SUN
- Strong communication and planning skills
- High integrity and evidence of empathy with ActionAid values.
To apply for the Finance Managerâ€™s position, submit your curriculum vitae with a motivation letter to:
closing date: 19th June 2017.
While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed candidates. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe