The Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA), an organization entrusted with the assessment, collection and accounting for tax revenues for the Malawi Government is inviting applications from suitably qualified young graduates to till vacant positions of Revenue Officer in the Domestic Taxes Division.
Job Title : Revenue Officer
Location : Country-wide
Grade : E3
Organizational Unit : Domestic Taxes
To examine individual, business and corporate tax returns to determine correct tax liabilities and to conduct examinations relating to tax compliance.
- Processing various tax returns
- Calculation of tax liabilities and raising tax assessments
- Carrying out taxpayer education activities
- Carrying out tax collection enforcement activities
- Identifying and registering new taxpayers
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Applicants should have a sound Bachelorsâ€™ Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting or Bachelor of Social Science with a major in Economics; or its equivalent from recognized Universities.
Attributes and Competencies
- Ability to collate and analyse often complex information.
- Ability to disseminate detailed information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Honest and fair in applying tax rules
- Good numeracy skills, with the ability to interpret accounts and make calculations
- Ability to work accurately, pay close attention to detail and notice inconsistencies
- Willingness to work in any district in Malawi.
Successful candidates before being appointed will undergo an extensive background check of their integrity. Only when the vetting exercise is favourable will the Authority make the appointment.
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, copies of certificates together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three traceable referees to:
The Commissioner General,
Malawi Revenue Authority,
Private Bag 247
Closing date for receiving applications is 9th May, 2017.
Powered by Jobs Zimbabwe